Not going to repeat last year

Options
Last year at this time I was inundated with Christmas cheer. I'm talking cookies, nut rolls, and food, oh the food. Well between Thanksgiving 2016 and Christmas I gained back about ten pounds. I went from 190 to 200 pounds. At 6'1" and fit I was OK with the weight, but not so OK that I had backslid and gained the weight unintentionally.

Well here I am almost to Christmas 2017. I still weigh about 200 pounds. I have not gained any additional weight this year, and I have gained muscle and am more fit. In the winter months I regularly hit the gym. I do weight lifting and 30 minutes of cardio at least three times a week.

In the warm/summer months I run five miles at least three times a week. I don't generally weight train in the summer. I know I should, but I just don't.

My point is that it is easy to lose, it is easy to maintain, and it is dangerously easy to overeat. Having successfully maintained in 2017 at the higher weight I am thinking about whether to stay at this weight or go back to 190. It brings me joy to have such a dilemma.

Why you ask? Well because I know I have the ability to control that number on the scale. I have the ability to pick a number, achieve it and maintain it. I will continue to be vigilante and, even though it's a bit early, I will make my new years resolution to control my weight, whatever number I chose, and to not allow myself to lose control to the point that I change that number on the scale without my personal decision to do so.

Wishing everyone on MFP a Merry Christmas, and Happy Holiday season. Wishing everyone health and fitness in the upcoming new year.

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are managing quite well this holiday season and that extra 20 last year has "recomped" nicely. Well done and enjoy the holidays if you can.