Good idea?

Options
rjel78
rjel78 Posts: 102 Member
Just wondering if anyone is on, or thinking about doing, the Keto diet? Heard some good things about it. I know I have to try and eat clean without a specific diet. However may look into this a bit more. Where can I find more info on this diet?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Is there a reason you have to try and eat clean?

I aim for about 80% of my calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats. That way, I don't feel very deprived.

I tried Keto long ago and it just didn't work with the way I like to eat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. For me anyway - that low carb is not overly conducive to good training in my experience. I also like carbs - doing keto prevents me from eating the amount of perfectly healthy vegetables I like to eat.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Google "Keto diet" and that will tell you all about it. I wouldn't go that extreme. I don't mind low carb, but low carb for me is about 135 carbs per day.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are looking for a magic secret to losing weight, eg. keto, eating clean. None of that really matters nor will those be ways of eating that may be sustainable. Just eat less than you burn of mostly nutrient dense foods and fit in some of the things you like that may not be "clean" so that you can enjoy and sustain your eating pattern. Keto has shown no advantage over calorie restriction in any of many studies done on the subject.

Beside, 10 out of 10 people will define eating clean differently. It is a meaningless term as @malibu927 pointed out. You would be well served by not chasing the latest trends and the hype that surrounds them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options