Fitbit steps not showing up

Hey guys! I recently switched from garmin to Fitbit and though the app shows as connected the step count is showing as zero. As per advice online, I disconnected the apps, logged out of both, logged back and and reconnected but still the step count says zero. Any thoughts? Thank you!!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    ​​​​If MFP and Fitbit are synced but you are not seeing Fitbit steps, on the MFP mobile app go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected as the Step Source.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Mine isn't syncing today either.
  • CyberTone wrote: »
    ​​​​If MFP and Fitbit are synced but you are not seeing Fitbit steps, on the MFP mobile app go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected as the Step Source.

Yeah it is . Food isn't syncing on Fitbit either yet both say connected :(
  • kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    does it do that sometimes?

• jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Mine did this a few times, I don't use Fitbit anymore because it wouldn't connect to my phone a lot of the time...even though I had the latest phone.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    There was a problem with syncing last week. It was on MFP's side. Maybe it's happening again.

If you join the fitbit group here, there's usually a thread if other users are also having problems. It's more useful to go there than to post on the main boards. The group does request that you wait 24-72 hours after contacting support before starting a thread. By the time I've noticed my fitbit not's syncing, I usually see a thread started and there's often a poster who says they already reported it and maybe even has received a response about what's going on.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    My steps aren’t syncing either.
  • Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    Lol, mine just appeared! Must have known I posted.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    With all of the new Fitbit purchases going online in December and January, expect delays, syncing back-ups, and even outages in the next few weeks. It happens every year at this time. When there are wide-spread issues, MFP and Fitbit eventually sync all days going back to the first day of the issue.

When there are wide-spread delays, it is best *NOT* to unlink/relink - that just adds to the delay and probably puts your account at the end of the queue for when it actually starts working again. In over two years, I have never unlinked and relinked my accounts and they have always fully resynced after an outage.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    does it do that sometimes?

Mine is working again now. But yes, it happens from time to time usually after they do an update. It's usually fixed within a few days..although annoying.