Brown rice in grams

Options
does anyone know how much one cup of Brown rice is cooked in grams? I can't find it anywhere and the box just says .5 a cup sry is 1 cup cooked, but it's boil in a bag so it make a ton of rice at a time.
thanks in advance

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Impossible for us to say. Depends on how much water it soaked up while cooking.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    ahhh I see...ok I'll just measure one cup :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's not hard to calculate. The instructions say how much water to cook 1/2 cup. Assume all the water is absorbed. So, if an ounce is 28 grams and 8 ounces in a cup is 248 grams and .5 cup dry is whatever, just add whatever to 248.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Rice calories baffle me. I try to stick to .5 Cup cooked and use the corresponding entry.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    How much water is absorbed or evaporated would normally complicate the question, but this is boil in a bag. Seems like weighing the full bag before or after cooking, then subtracting the weight of the empty bag would give you the exact weight of all the rice. Then it's just a matter of dividing by the number of cups.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Boil in the bag typically gives you a raw weight serving size in g

So weight entire bag raw divide by serving size in grams

Cook rice and weigh cooked weight / divide by serving size established in step 1 - this will give you the serving size in cooked rice

The bag itself is only abt 5g (if that)