Let's Lose It.

Options
Fit_Prit
Fit_Prit Posts: 251 Member
edited December 2017 in Getting Started
Hi All,
I need to lose 13 kg i.e. 30 lbs. To reach my Goal Wt. & I'm planning to do so as fast as I can with diet & exercise. All natural way.
This is going to be an accountability & support thread for all who is going to join this.
We post our starting Wt. And goal Wt. And how we are going get there. And we won't stop till we achieve what we want.!

Replies

• Fit_Prit
    Options
    I'm 27yrs old. And I've already lost 40 lbs. (19kg.) By being consistent and Goal oriented.
    MyFitnessPal & it's many "challenges" & "groups" I took part in has helped me to get where I am right now.
    So I'll be very happy if I can do the same for even a single person who is willing to lose weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    As fast as you can, NOW, is going to be SLOWER than the rate you lost your initial 40 pounds. There is no way, natural or un-natural(?) to circumvent that. If you haven't already, update your calorie target by entering your new weight, and set weight loss rate to the lowest. It sounds demotivating, I know, but hear me out - you have so little to lose now, that you're no longer in a hurry. If you try to force what can't be forced, you'll just end up hurting yourself, try the same over and over and over, and never be "done", either not hitting goal weight, or hitting goal weight and start regaining immediately.

If you just want to lose weight, and then stop being consistent, you regain. This means that you can't view hitting goal weigh as an end point. The weight loss phase is just the rehearsal. Adapting mentally to slower weightloss is important in order to handle maintenance, because you'll practically have to do the same, with no loss in return, and do it forever. If you can see yourself struggling to stick to what you are doing now, it means you can't stick to it forever, and a "forever plan" is what you need.
  • Fit_Prit
    Options
    As fast as you can, NOW, is going to be SLOWER than the rate you lost your initial 40 pounds. There is no way, natural or un-natural(?) to circumvent that. If you haven't already, update your calorie target by entering your new weight, and set weight loss rate to the lowest. It sounds demotivating, I know, but hear me out - you have so little to lose now, that you're no longer in a hurry. If you try to force what can't be forced, you'll just end up hurting yourself, try the same over and over and over, and never be "done", either not hitting goal weight, or hitting goal weight and start regaining immediately.

If you just want to lose weight, and then stop being consistent, you regain. This means that you can't view hitting goal weigh as an end point. The weight loss phase is just the rehearsal. Adapting mentally to slower weightloss is important in order to handle maintenance, because you'll practically have to do the same, with no loss in return, and do it forever. If you can see yourself struggling to stick to what you are doing now, it means you can't stick to it forever, and a "forever plan" is what you need.

Hi
    I know this is not just till I reach certain no. on scale. I want & need fitness for life. that's the real goal !
    &
    By "as fast as I can" -- I meant by my own honest speed :sweat_smile:
    But thanks for reminding me that this is not a Sprint but a marathon :innocent:
  • Fit_Prit
    Options
    Hi
    I've created a group with the same name i.e. Let's Lose it .

Check it out.