Returning Member

Options
Hi all. I'm a returning member who has decided to start from scratch with a new account. I've been up and down on my weight loss goals this past year which hasn't panned out (thus the return) thanks to an inconsistent work schedule (I rarely would work the same 8 hour shift for more than a couple of weeks), my wedding and honeymoon, and Hurricane Harvey. But I'm back on the train.

I'm planning this week out to just log how I eat and move (the good, the bad, and the ugly) along with starting to implement some plans to help myself along the way. I'm planning to start back up with running using Zombies Run a few times a week and yoga to help stretch out. I'm also looking into potentially getting back into pilates again (I really enjoyed it during college, but it seems to have died out in popularity, so studios are pretty limited).

On the food side, I work in daycare (in the infant room), which can either be so hectic that you never eat or so slow that all you do is eat. To help in the morning (plus I have a 45 minute commute), I'm going to start making smoothies. I'm also planning on bringing sliced and stick veggies to eat throughout the day so I can munch away without much worry of over-doing calories like I would on fruits, sweets, or carbs. My now-husband is also joining me on this journey, so I'm planning on getting back into cooking (which I love) by making 4-6 serving meals so we can either pack extras away for lunches or leftover dinners later in the week.

I look forward to working with ya'll on this journey and am looking for friends who have similar plans, work in similar environments, or just want to help motivate and keep one another accountable.

Replies