Hi...First time mom...looking for support & friends

Options
Hi
I am a new mom of a 8 week old baby boy. I gained 60 lbs in pregnancy, and have lost 20 lbs so far. I am also returning back to work in 1 week. I have been trying to start 21 day fix for past one week, but my baby is still not sleeping through the night...and I just can't seem to be able to buckle down and start the workout ☹️ Looking forward for some friends & support

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your little guy!

Having a new kiddo around is wonderful, but a very life changing experience and presents lots of challenges (the lack of sleep! and time...). Most babies are not sleeping through the night by 8 weeks, so don't feel bad! I know it is frustrating to not feel like your old self, but it will take time to bounce back and get rid of the extra weight. Since you are going back to work next week it might be worth cutting yourself a little bit of slack on the workout front, and give yourself a little time to readjust to your new schedule. Consider just trying to fit more activity in your daily routine (walk to long way to the restroom, choose to take the stairs, do some squats while you are waiting for that document to print, or whatever you can think of) and save your home time for you, your family, and sleep (sleep is very important so try not to let it shuffle too far down on the priority list!) until things settle a little bit. It took me about 2 weeks after I returned to work to feel like I could do anything but just snuggle my little guy when I got home :)

You can work on getting your eating on track for weight loss, but keep in mind that cutting calories can impact supply if you are breastfeeding, so take things slow there too. If you are unsure about setting goals the second half of this post has some really awesome info in it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

And this group has a few active memebers, it has slowed down a bit but I think it will be picking back up now that we are past the hustle and bustle of the holidays:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

Try not to get too frustrated and enjoy your time with the little guy, you can never get it back!

~best wishes