Eating Right on Vacation?

Options
I need some suggestions on how to stay the course while on vacation. I will be exercising every day (bike riding, hiking, swimming) while on vacation. We will be preparing our own meals, too.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will just stay the course since I will be exercising and doing my own meals.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Plan out your meals ahead of time and log it into MFP. Then you can see how many calories you have remaining for a fun treat on vacation. Also, if you eat at any restaurants, you can look online at the calories and plan accordingly. However since you are making your own meals, it should be fairly easy for you to control.
  • beverlyweaver73
    Options
    Thanks!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Try to make decent choices, drink a lot of water, enjoy your vacation and get back to it when you return home.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you are keeping that active AND making your own meals, I see no problem at all-just enjoy!
    If I can go to France for 3 weeks-not log at all and eat amazing food in restaurants 2x and sometimes 3x a day-and still lose 2 pounds, you got this!
  • beverlyweaver73
    Options
    I only gained one pound while on vacation, I ate whatever I wanted and rode my bike nearly every day. Thanks for all of your input!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good going.