Anyone Else Miss the Bodybugg???

Options
The calorie Estimates were the most accurate.

Granted a new bodybugg that maybe had gps would be awesome. But seriously the thing did exactly what it was supposed to do. It had an accelerometer, pedometer, measured body temp, sweat, and a whole host of other things. And damn it worked. You bought ONE... maybe 2 when it became compatitble with phones.

Then damned jawbone went and bought it, disconntiued it, and now they are going bankrupt.

I kind of wish that someone would come out with a wearable that did what bodybugg did again.

Step, reasonably ACCURATE calorie count (done with HR, Pedometer, Accelerometer, Body temp and sweat), rechargeable and syncs with my phone.

But let me tell you companies keep discontinuing models and not supporting their devices for a reason. Durable goods no longer spell profit for companies. So they have to engineer obsolescence.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I miss my bodybug, it was so much more accurate than anything else on the market these days. Maybe some day they will make something like it. I also liked that it was discretely worn on my upper arm under my shirt sleeve instead of on my wrist for everyone to see
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yyeesss!!!! It took me almost 2 years before I reluctantly moved on to Fitbit!
    I loved my zebra print armband!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If you ride a bike, a power meter will never be more than 5% off (2.5% in either direction).
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I had the Bodymedia armband. I loved it. It was a medical device though-which put it in a different class than all the other trackers. I’ve found that most of the rest are reasonably Ok (assorted Fitbits, Garmins, Polar, jawbone) but the Bodymedia was by far the most consistent across all kinds of activity. I miss it a lot.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Still have mine sitting in a drawer! Miss that thing!
  • kimbee383
    kimbee383 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just thinking the same thing...it worked! I finally pitched mine last month. It was sad. We has spent years together.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also got rid of mine not too long ago. So sad... we had a number of good years together.
  • gypsygrl78
    gypsygrl78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I loved mine too. I don’t miss the irritation I would sometimes get from it...but it was worth it!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Yes! I miss my BodyMediaFit. I didn't always love wearing it on my arm because of sweat but I thought it was more accurate.
  • BarbieRCastro
    BarbieRCastro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also miss my Bodybugg - nothing compares. I lost 25 pounds in a few months by staying 500 calories or less per day. It was very accurate. I was just searching the internet for best calorie counter on the market and found this post. I had to agree with you.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    At one point I had a bodybug, fitbit, and heart rate monitor and would exercise wearing all 3 to compare and the bodybug gave me incredibly inflated numbers (like the chargehr and altahr did when I got those.