Is it poss to loose 60 pounds in 5 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 in 6 months...
  • roxannvidal25
    roxannvidal25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it possible....possibly. ..
    Should you do it.....no.

Why the hell not? I did it as I posted above and quite safely too

In that time I reversed diabetes, got my BP back to normal and rid myself of Fatty Liver.

The OP may not be able to do it safely but that does not mean you can just say carte blanche it cannot be done

Where do you people get off? You're no doctor or expert I'll wager.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have my sister wedding in june, I was wondering if it is realistic to loose 60 pounds in 5-6 months? And if so, Some tips that could help?

It would be a pretty aggresive goal. You would have to be pretty strict. Dropping weight faster may not leave you looking or feeling as good as a slower rate of loss. If your goal is to look good at an event fast loss may not be what you want to do. You may struggle a lot to maintain that rate of loss as you get closer to your goal weight.

I would suggest 20-40 lbs as being more comfortable and realistic goals for 5 months.
    Set your goal with MFP for no more than 2 lbs a week. Log as accurately as you can. Get enough protein, fats and fiber. Include some strength training.

• azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it is realistic to loose 60 pounds in 5-6 months?

Yes.

I've lost over 50 pounds in 15 weeks, and expect to lose over 60 pounds in 5 months, so it can be done.

There are so many factors that have to be aligned for you to succeed. Even under the most ideal circumstances, many people don't have the long term determination to accomplish this task.

Can you do it? You won't know until you try it. Good luck.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not likely, but if you start now, you will have made a good bit of progress by then. Even if you set up for an aggressive deficit, there are too many ups and downs with weight loss...it isn't a linear progression.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I’m going for 50 lbs in 7 months. I think it’s very doable with a plan. Yes, it’s aggressive. But it can be done.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with the many saying it depends how much you have to lose. I lost my first 60 in six months, so it's possible. I'm 5'3" and started at 280. I took a nine month maintenance break after that because I really needed it. I'm expecting the next 80 to come off much more slowly.

Did someone mention strength training? I definitely recommend lifting while losing. You will look and feel amazing even if you don't get all the weight off right away.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    probably not. no.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am planning just about the same thing - towards end of June -- 24 weeks and hoping to be down 50 lbs. -2 lbs. a week. Eating healthier foods in right proportions and doing exercise 6x a week. I just lost 28 lbs. in 10 weeks. I am now only taking 1 diabetic pill instead of two. But I do know that I may not achieve 2 lb. loss every week and probably will have a 2 lb. gain here and there so I am knowing that I might not have lost 50 but will at least be a bit close to it.
  • Seitnyx
    Seitnyx Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is possible but has many factors. Your work out regimen, diet, and metabolism, health condition, starting weight etc all play a role. If you are going to do I.T, you will have to work out aggressively but MAKE SURE YOU GET ENOUGH FOOD. If you don’t get enough calories you’ll gain everything you lose and more back. Also the types of food you eat are extremely important.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Having not done it, but I lost 13 lbs in 3 months. But I did no serious exercise. I think if you did weightlifing, and watching what you eat, you will reduce in size which is different than loosing poundage.