I think I have a weight disorder- I can't tell if I'm fat or skinny, What do you think?

Options
When I look in the mirror I can't tell if I'm overweight or not and It starting to drive me crazy? Everyone says that I'm good and I don't need to loose weight. Im 5'3 and my waist is 29 inches, I weight 128 lbs. my goal weight is 110 lbs. I have no Idea if I'm overweight or not cause some apps say I'm over weight, some say Im average, and a few have said I'm underweight. Im so confused? help!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is normal. If a tracker is telling you that you are overweight, I would be skeptical of it.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What you do is depends on you and how you feel. We aren't going to be able to tell you what your goals should be.

However since you mention you think you have a weight disorder, what makes you say that?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    edited.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're a normal weight
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For the information you entered:

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Weight: 128 pounds

Your BMI is 22.7, indicating your weight is in the Normal category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 104 to 141 pounds
    From https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html

You are within the normal/healthy weight range for your height. You are not overweight nor are you underweight. You may prefer to be at one end or the other of that weight range. Why do you think you need to lose weight?

If you are concerned about what would be a healthy weight for you or disorded thoughts about your body maybe have a talk with your doctor.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    people already answered you on your other thread. As i said there, We have twin bodies-Same height weight and right down to the inches. Your not fat. Unless im fat and dunno it i guess... lol

OMG.. I looked this up and I found 3 other other threads on this discussion and on thigh size, etc. :grumble:

OP maybe you do have some body dymorphia that you need to work on. You are certainly a normal weight for you height, if you want to change anything adding in the resistance training and working on body composition may be the route for you to consider.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 138lbs size 6. I'm not fat. So you're probably not fat either.

It might not be a "weight disorder" as much as a "mental health disorder." You should consult a doctor if you have thoughts about your weight that negatively affect you on a daily basis.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You are at a normal weight.

Maybe find something to do that helps someone outside of yourself. This inward-directed obsessing is definitely causing you stress.

Get out of your own head. Volunteer at a food bank or nursing home or animal shelter. Go back to school. Get a job...something.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What you do is depends on you and how you feel. We aren't going to be able to tell you what your goals should be.

However since you mention you think you have a weight disorder, what makes you say that?

Now that I've looked back on your previous threads I would agree that you have some disordered thinking. Might be time to seek some help if these thoughts are consuming you and getting out of hand.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats as you and definitely cannot fathom the word “fat” as a descriptor for myself - Please talk to a professional about this disordered thinking.