Free Lunch!

Options
This is what I've been bombarded with today - A coworkers last day is tomorrow so hooray, they are bringing in pizza..

Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me.. what would you do? Fit the pizza into your day or bring your own lunch?

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I ask whoever's ordering to please make sure there's a thin crust veggie in there for those of us watching what we eat. Then I count it, and chow down with my team.
  • thisweightsgottago
    thisweightsgottago Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would... Bring a veggie & fruit tray... you'll have something healthy to munch on fill up on that and just have 1 piece of pizza. Now you're an even better team player and they'll be happy and so will you.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't eat it. I will never put something in my body I don't want just to appease someone else. If you want it enjoy, if you don't bring your own lunch.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You can always take your own lunch and just eat with the everyone else during the "party". But if you do this, be prepared to answer a bunch of questions as to why you aren't having pizza, etc.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd fit it in.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would take a whole pie for myself. Jus sayin.
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't eat it. I will never put something in my body I don't want just to appease someone else. If you want it enjoy, if you don't bring your own lunch.

This.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do it if you will enjoy the pizza otherwise it makes no sense to eat something and feel 'forced' while doing it.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch everyday. So I would just politely turn it down.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me..

Is this like a hazing or do they actually put you at gunpoint over the pizza? That's so weird.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Can someone force some pizza down my gullet please?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Not that I won't make room for pizza in my diet, I do - often. I own a pizzeria, it happens. I just don't like things being forced on me..

Is this like a hazing or do they actually put you at gunpoint over the pizza? That's so weird.

^^ This is what I wanted to know, too! It seems pretty hard core.
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can they also order a salad with the pizza? We typically order in the last Friday of the month and when it's pizza, it's Pizza/Salad. I'll eat the toppings off of one piece of pizza and chow down on the salad. Happy medium. :)
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No one is forcing you to do anything. If you don't want to it, don't eat it. If you feel like you're going to give, make room for it and work out a little extra. No biggie.
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oops... Double post. :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Ok, ham, pineapple and jalapenos please.

I'll take a large and expect my free pizza to be delivered with a smile.

And it better be hot or I'm sending it back.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    That sounds like assault to me!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have to fast for some tests this afternoon...

...so I have nothing to add to this thread...

...except that I wish I could have some pizza.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look up the definition of "being forced"
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

QFT :drinker: