My journey of ups and downs

Options
Several years ago my friend introduced me to MFP, and I loved the simplicity of it. Being able to eat my own food but in smaller portions and holding myself accountable. I was trying to lose weight for my wedding and I got down pretty low (for me at least) and I was so proud because I felt beautiful on my wedding day. As that passed so had my focus. With the stress of my job and getting comfortable with life, the weight “crept” back on and the next thing I know I have gained all the weight back and then some. So I got myself back on and lost 40 pounds again in a little over 6 months. But my cycle was doomed to repeat, and yet again, I gained all the weight back and then some. It was getting to that time that all my friends were getting married and my husband and I started thinking of beginning a family. I found myself returning to MFP to help the next step of my life. In about 7 months I dropped over 50 pounds and looked fabulous in my bridesmaids dresses (I had 5 weddings that summer/fall and I was in 2 of them). It also helped me attain my dream. My husband and I welcomed our son in July of 2015. (And unfortunately a 50 pound weight gain, dropping 25 of it after I had him). With a new administration coming in, I felt like I had to go back to school that fall, and literally 6 weeks after having my son I was back in the classroom. Last year was my most stressful year, basically carrying my counterpart’s job and workload as well as my own. My son was also diagnosed with partial complex seizures, within a week of his 1 year cluster immunizations. Before I knew it, I had ballooned back up, gaining 55 pounds. As you can probably see, I have an unhealthy relationship with food, and weight seems to me like I was its’ magnet. After having that lovely conversation with my doctor that I had known for less than 2 years that “maybe I should consider doing something about it,” I was upset but turned to food. A few weeks later, I was meeting up with my friends and one told me that she was getting back on her diet and was in a competition. Now here I am, all ready to order a nice pork chop and sides and here these two are ordering salads. That was my jumping off point, and I ordered a salad along with them. It wasn’t until a week later that I stepped on the scale to find that I had reached my heaviest in my entire life. I immediately got back into myfitnesspal. April 24, 2017 is the last time I ever hope to see the numbers that I did. Now, I’ll admit that I don’t always make the best choices, but I hold my self accountable and log all of my food, even the bad things, even the times that I eat more than my calories. On Thanksgiving I participated in my first 5k, and finished in 45 minutes. (I did absolutely no training for it except the walking I do around my classroom throughout the day). A year ago it probably would have taken me 45 minutes to walk a mile. My goal is to take it one step at a time and maybe break through 40 minutes.

A few weeks ago I broke through my halfway point. One more milestone crushed, one more step closer on my journey. 44.4 pounds down and 44 more left to go. Two major milestones are just within my reach- 50 pounds and a new leading number). I’m going after them as if my life depended on, because in reality it does. To all my friends on MFP, I am so proud of the accomplishments you have made. We all know that we are in a fight, but it’s the battle worth fighting for because it’s for our life, our happiness and for our future.