alternative scratch made pasta dough - help

Options
Once_superman
Once_superman Posts: 8 Member
So I got a pasta machine for Christmas because I've finally perfected my pasta sauce, I'm guessing its why the gift. I made the standard pasta dough and it came out quite well, much better than store bought. Right now I'm in the "eat more food, give me carbs" mode but near spring/summer I will be cutting back on carbs.

So my question is, has anyone made and had success with alternative flours for pasta making? I know I can google and get tons of recipes but I hate trying something new that either sucks or doesn't work out like its supposed to. I know I will be using spinach in the next recipe that's a given, but I also want to use almond flour or any other flours that will work.

Replies

• jlowe13mfp
    jlowe13mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've heard buckwheat flour mixed with a bit of almond flour/meal can be good? haven't personally tried it, but it sounds like it'd be healthier and still work as a pasta dough, plus gluten free :)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've only used alternative flours to make pasta by hand, not with a machine. Usually doughs made with alternative flours are either too wet or else won't stick together/stretch properly (without gluten) to use a pasta machine.