Introducing Myself

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Robert, people call me Robbie. I have had MFP for about a week now, and enjoying every bit of it.

A little about me... I'm 25 years old, in school to become a police officer in Detroit or Metro Detroit. I lost my father to suicide when I was about 6 and I knew from then I wanted to be a police officer. I want to help people, if I can save one person, that would give me everything I ever wanted in life. My grandfather passed away a couple days after my 5th birthday party and we were buddies. I remember walking into his office sitting on his lap, and him smoking his cigars❤ My grandmother had lung, and liver cancer. She ultimately ended up passing away on my high school graduation day as I was walking on the stage. My mother, she has been mentally abusive to me for as long as I can remember. Don't get me wrong she was great when I was younger but, as time went on she played me like a violin and took advantage of me in many ways. I haven't spoke to her in 2 years and don't plan on it. It gets more personal than that but, I move on. People wonder...how are you so happy and smiling all the time? Life is too short to let everything get you down. *I literally smile and laugh at everything hahaha* People also wonder how I have managed to get through everything I have gone through? There are a lot more people who have gone through worse than me, and I always think things could be worse. Take what you have and roll with it, make the best of it. Tell everyone you love them because you never know if it's gonna be the last time you see them. Life everyday like it's your last.

Next, I was in a car accident in Oct. 2014 that has rendered me useless to work. I've received 2 anterior neck and back surgeries. I am still in pain but, I dont let it rule me. am using my downtime for college, one more semester before police academy! *cue applause* yay! And I'm excited!

I started using this app because I need to prepare for the MCOLES physical exams before I can enter or be eligible for the police academy. I need to lose weight nd train like i used to be, like i was in high school football. This is where I started:)

Other things about me...I have a 3 years old Norwegian Elkhound who I loved to death! I collect funko pops, at around 350 right now. I love the Red Wings, even though they could be doing a lot better now! I hang out with friends and family a lot. I'm trusting, loyal, gullible, lovable, laugh a lot, I mean laugh a lot! I get a long with absolutely everyone, and I donate to charities white often when given the opportunity.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Take care,

Robert

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Welcome to MFP! You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to help keep you motivated.
  • Robbiexie
    Robbiexie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Wow. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Welcome to MFP! You can do this. :flowerforyou:

• Robbiexie
    Robbiexie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kincar wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to help keep you motivated.

It definitely is! Thanks Kincar!:)