Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I just found this site! Working to stay healthy!

I'm a sixty year old women taking care of my 81 year old mother. I'm working hard at staying healthy since I went through open heart surgery with my mom 4 years ago. Changed my whole perspective on how I viewed the roles of my children in my old age. I am working out and walking as much as I can while caring for mom. It's a long story but after a serious auto accident that left me unable to walk for two years I gained over fifty pounds! After seeing mom suffer so much I pushed myself forward and with the help of my precious Lord Jesus I walked and watched my calorie/carb/fats and lost it all. We moved last year and mom has been less active so I have put back on 10 pounds which is NO GOOD. One of my legs was crushed, the other broken in three places, along with my right arm in two places. My legs will not hold weight. I've already started getting arthritis in those bones. MUST stay active and fit. Am eating healthy but am really stressed most of the time with Mama. Then there was Christmas...too many treats!! Would love to partner up with people of the same mind set and goals. Being sixty things don't come as easy as they used to!

Replies