Food not as filling as it used to be.

Options
I generally eat a variation of the same things during the week and I've noticed over the past few weeks that my breakfast just isn't filling me up like it used to. It's a low carb whole wheat Mission wrap, two tablespoons of hummus, a very generous handful of baby spinach, about 1.15 of a serving of Perdue short cuts grilled or rotisserie style chicken, and half an avocado. After an hour or so (always less than two hours) I'm ready to eat again and it wasn't like that before. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, to me, sort of - I feel more full whenever I eat something new or something I haven't had for a while. Seems like you need more variety.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    could also be if you have started moving more in general (not just purposeful workout) - that your expending more energy and so calories that once satisfied you, no longer do because you need more (I noticed in another thread you said you had lost like 140lbs)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your dinner recently? If you cut back at dinner, you might be waking up hungrier. Or, are you doing something different in the morning?

You could try swapping the spinach for cooked broccoli/cauliflower. Or, swapping the hummus for cheese. Or nuts on the side. Maybe you're just bored with the breakfast and could use a little variety.
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens to me a lot and it is what makes weight loss so difficult. I would love any suggestions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Is your period due soon? My appetite shoots up greatly the two weeks before mine starts.
  • ssarahjanefraser
    Options
    I’ve been so so hungry lately I keep going over my calories by 60-70 calories lol so I’m willing to try anything !
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree with the two posters who thought you might be skimping on dinner and you might be exercising more. To combat hunger like that I usually shake it up with less carbs and more protein and fat. Like an egg, low fat turkey sausage, slice of tomato and half an avocado. Lots of healthy fat and protein and the fat helps to free up the nutrients of the tomato. 437 calories.