SAHMs 7/12/10 - 7/18/10

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Just checking in!

Goals today--Water(already behind--yikes)
    Figure out & log my meals for the week--i do this ahead of time

Have a great Monday!

Kim
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's good to see you again Kim! I have been really busy, I am powerwashing our deck so that we can stain it. The people before us never put any kind of stain on it...:noway: My goal is to try to run tomorrow to see how my achilles is doing!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Nicole--it is good to be back on here. Life has settled a bit. :) Need to do our deck too--good luck with that!

Kim
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just saw this thread today. I started MFP in April, but have pretty much kept to myself. So far I have lost 14 lbs. but the past couple weeks I have been stuck - mostly because it has been crazy hot weather-wise here, but also because I am a SAHM of 3 under 3. Yeah...crazy! So potty training, teething, nursing, not sleeping through the night, etc. gets me off track from time to time and I slip into bad food choices and skipping workouts...

I do need some support both with losing weight and with being a SAHM.

I am glad I found this thread. Nice to meet everyone!
    J
  • nicolee516
    Options
    welcome JChrizzle! we are a great group of gals! We haven't been talking much, probably because we are all doing busy things with the fams.

I got 1/2 my deck power washed today, hopefully get the rest done tomorrow, sanded on wed and stained on Thurs...WHEW!
    Our peeps have laid their first egg too! :drinker: that's exciting, because that means more are on the way!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    I am here I am here! I have been reading & then dashing off to the next project. We've had a garage sale, painted bedrooms & now it is getting ready to power wash our deck too(all in the last 2 weeks)! Not to mention the other stuff that is just normal work.

Nicole--great job on the deck. Now that you are experienced come on over & help here. :)

J--congrats on the 14 lbs lost! You must be doing something right amid all the chaos of having little people "helping" you!

Well the goal for water didn't happen yesterday--only got in like 5 glasses. So today is the same goal--8 glasses of water. 3 down & it is lunch time so almost there I guess.

Busy afternoon so I am going to go pack my water bottles in a cooler--being purposeful & planning ahead.

Kim
  • nicolee516
    Options
    whew! I just finished powerwashing the whole deck! I forgot to mention that it spans the entire front of our house and then some! Uh Kim....I will help you with yours if you come help me stain mine!:wink::laugh: I still have to sand the railings, so I think Thursday will be the staining day.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Did our group fizzle??? I sure hope not!
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Just checkin in real quick. I'm having a rather slow week. I couldn't drag myself out of bed yesterday or today to hit the gym or run before dh left for work. I ended up doing Taebo extreme b/c I can do it at home although I hate being watched by the kiddies so I banish them to any room but the living room.
    I really need to have a serious week of eating less b/c I can feel myself creeping back up in the calorie arena...This however, being the week before TOM, is not an easy week to accomplish that goal. All I want is chocolate.
    Hope you're all having a great week.
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great week!

We are heading out of town for a couple of days to Branson & Silver Dollar City--anyone ever been there? Probably gong to fry cause it is going to be in the 90s but hey that is why we are going to do all the water stuff this time. Last hurrah before school gets going around here(homeschool). Just need to bring lots of sunscreen.

Took everyone to the pool today and I did some exercises as I chatted w/ my friends but it was too crowded to swim laps or anything else. Been drinking lots of water but not quite hitting the 8 glasses--sigh. Seems like a silly goal but that is what I can manage right now.

Update on the hip for those who been around for a while. Four weeks ago I got a cortizone shot for some pain I was having and it HELPED a ton! I go back to the dr. tomorrow for a recheck. I think we are going to get a recumbent stationary bike to replace my time on the TM (grumble grumble). Just need to find the $ for that. Can't sell the TM cause DD#1 is using it.

Good thing is I can manage walking around Branson and get to enjoy being with my family. Now off to get the camping gear ready & pack some good for us food.

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    So I was at my daughter's bday party this past weekend & Dude, some skinny chic stole my shirt!

Pictures044.jpg

(Last year at DD's 1st bday party)
    CaughtOnCamera.jpg
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME Trish! Way to go!!!

I have been having a hard time getting back into the habit of tracking my food. It has been so crazy here lately. Amongst all the cleaning that I have been doing lately we found homes for the kittens and they are now all off to their new homes. The momma cat is having a hard time with it and keeps "calling" her kittens. It is a little heart breaking for me but hey it's life. We will definitly (sp?) be getting her fixed so we do not go through this again, it's too heart wrenching for me and the kids! I really am hoping that life calms down a little bit soon so that I can get back on track with tracking my food. I haven't been able to exercise like I would like to but I haven't stopped altogether. So that is good.

Well I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    WOW Trish--I love before & after pics--you are amazing!!!!! Good incentive to keep at it huh?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Katie, just trying to help here, but would it be possible to sit down at the end of the day when it's quiet & plan out your food for the next day? That way you wouldn't have to think about it, it's already done. I try to sit down once every two weeks and plan out 2 weeks at a time. It really helps.

Curlie, it's hard sticking with it, but worth it.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Trish that is a good idea! I had been thinking about that but just hadn't done it yet I kept thinking that I needed to do that days food before I thought about doing the next day but I got to start somewhere. I will try it out and see how it works then that way I still track it but don't have to do it during the day when I it is crazy busy. Then I don't feel guilty for not doing it and I can still see where I am at. Sorry I am just kind of typing what I am rolling around in the head of mine. I will let you know how it works out.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies havent been on as much as I like checkin in on my weight. I got back up to 250lbs but now I'm back down to 238lbs just 103lbs to go..go me lol..been doin alot around here with my kiddos.been stressed out alot story of my life..lol School starts in less then a month have to get all that stuff together fun fun..kinda sad to see summer end already.we start school Aug 13th. all 3 of my kids will be in school all day long and guess what..Momma is goin back to school herself and gettin a good job when I'm done.I'm so excited I cant wait.gonna be busy bein a single mom n doin it but thats ok.God gives me the strength to do what I need to do.thats why I just got my new tattoo that says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.I will post a pic later when I'm not so tired.hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Dana
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I hope our group isn't fizzling!! I love you gals :)

Tish, love the before and after!!! You look awesome!!

Sorry I haven't been able to check in much this week. Drove to Dallas (3.5 hrs) to pick up my MIL and bring her back. Alex turned 4 yesterday (so I had to work on his Buzz Lightyear rocket ship cake and Buzz Lightyear wings for the party) And tomorrow we have another open house. We do have an offer in the works on the house though. They've countered once, and we've countered twice...LOL Hopefully this was the last one. We still get to show the house if these people accept because they need to rent or sell their current home before they can get the loan. So praying all goes well, nice to finally have an offer on the table!

well, off to clean clean clean!! You ladies have a wonderful weekend if I don't get the chance to check in again :)
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I haven't been on much other than to log food. Hubby says I'm ALWAYS on the computer and I don't wanna upset him so thought I should lay off it a bit. Also its the last week of school here so I am trying to get as much work done as possible so I don't have to worry about it all summer.

Going camping next week and will only have 1 hob to cook on. Anyone know of some protein rich meals that I can cook for us on one hob? Oh and something that can be stored without the use of a fridge.