Lean Mean 2018

Options
I really want to take charge of my health this year.

My weight has been a constant up and down... more up than down, my whole life. I need to come up with a plan of attack that I can stick with that I will see results on.

There are a million different diet/exercise plans, all that has it's own research done on it, and has different doctors backing it up.

What is everyone's plan of attack for this year... any and all advise is welcome, and I would LOVE if people would have open diaries of the various diet plans that they will be trying so I can see what a typical meal plan might look like on those plans.

A vegan diet will just not be something that I would want to commit to all of the time., but I am very interested in vegan recipes, I'm also very interested in following people that are doing Keto or weightwatchers as I'm looking into both of those plans.

On each of your diet plans, have you tried it before? Have you seen success? Do you use it as a long term diet or more of a quick jumpstart? Do you find it do-able to stick with long term? Any potential negative health effects that you have seen, particularly from high protein and or high fat diets.

Exercise... what routine or videos would you suggest for beginners, preferable something fun? Join any groups or challenges?

Has anyone ever tried overeaters anonymous? My town does not have one, but I've seen some online groups? Has anyone tried them or just use MFP for support?

Please feel free to add me as a friend as well, and if you are willing to share your food diary as well, I'm always game for suggestions :)

Thanks! And Let's make this our year!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I've subjected myself to various "ways of eating".
    The thing that was/is easiest to follow, and makes me most healthy (physically and mentally) is not following a particular way of eating. I detached myself from negative food associations, feelings of guilt, feelings of deprivation etc by letting go of the need to stick to " rules" and lists of "allowed foods"

Restrictions don't work well for me at all long term (with the exception of calorie restriction - that's the only thing necessary for weight loss)
  • iamabeetle
    iamabeetle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've added you :) I am currently following a clean eating program. It's been working for me quite well. I do allow myself some treats from time to time but I've lost 10.3kg (22lb) since I began. I can't wait for 2018 - I will smash it :)