Is it weird that I wear running leggings?

Options
I can't be the only one....

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    They exist, which means they make money, which means enough people buy them to be profitable, so they can't be that weird.
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't think it's weird at all. I see men running in them all the time... and I *love* mine. Super comfy, and they make them for all weather, so they keep me warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My husband wears them every run.

Or big bum pants as we call them when we cycle. Why would it be weird?

Unless @TavistockToad is right and your wearing them to the pub or someones wedding :D
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If you are wearing them for running, not at all.....
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    You’re totally the only one.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I heard wearing them everyday, everywhere, makes you lose weight no matter what you eat? Haven't taken mine off in months.

Yeah, I resisted buying a pair but for running in cool weather, nothing beats them. Course I'm wearing them and sweats these days, but I'm getting tired of winter.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Look around you...
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I mean are you one of those guys who wears them to purposely show off his junk/display this false image of himself as being crazy awesome in the gym? I’ve found the only guys who tend to wear them are ego lifters and those who oddly enough don’t work legs. It’s completely alright to wear them as long as you’re wearing them for comfort and not some other reason.

I mean I wear pink tank tops to the gym so....
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Not alone. I wear them when it’s cold out. And I also powerlift with them occasionally.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    You do you, bro. You do you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's all in the context and how you accessorize them.

If you're wearing running leggings to the grocery store with a wig and pink 4" stiletto pumps, that could possibly be considered a bit out of the ordinary in many places.

If you're wearing running leggings with your workout gear while out running/cycling on a cold morning, it's probably not too unusual.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wearing them! I've heard a few guys who quite like to wear them during runs because it keeps them warm and they're quite comfy
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Loads of men in my gym where them, many with shorts over the top