Out of shape Army retiree. Goals: lose fat, gain muscle.

I used to be in the Army and at bootcamp they were awesome at teaching us what to eat and how to exercise. Then life happened and I got overweight before even leaving the service. When I was no longer able to be in the service I became even more discouraged and now I am 280 pounds and diabetic. I have decided to go ahead and make the changes I need to in my life, but for financial reasons I don't plan on activating a gym membership until the 10th of January. Being antsy about that and wanting to go ahead and start is what led me to this website. How does one find a person to workout with? Some of the weight training I want to be doing would need a spotter to be safe. Any way I just wanted to introduce myself.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You can start with getting your deficit in place and do bodyweight exercises until you're at the gym.
  • trudiralph
    trudiralph Posts: 1 Member
    A couple of suggestions for you - some gyms have a trial period for 7 days so you may be able to get something like that. Or you could just start by brisk walking and/or body weight exercises rather than doing weighted exercises. Good luck on your journey