Not losing and/or gaining

Options
Hello Discussion board, I'm new here but I've been doing weight watchers for a couple of years and lost 25 lbs two years ago and now I'm trying to finish up the last 5 lbs. But no luck. Hoping you guys have some ideas.

I took a break from losing but maintained for a long time. I've recently gotten serious again but nothing's happening or worse, I end up gaining weight. I feel like I'm doing all the right things and I am really frustrated.

I eat all the right foods, whole grains, lean protein, fruits, veggies, a little bit of nuts and oil, drinking water. I avoid processed foods and track my calorie intake, I weigh and measure everything.
I went back to the gym and I do cardio 4 times a week with a little bit of light strength training, nothing extraneous.

So I really feel like I'm doing everything possible which is why I'm quite frustrated.

About me:
Height 5'2, last official Weigh-in 129.8 lbs, goal 125 lbs, large body frame. This morning which is a week and a half since my last Weigh-in, I got on my home scale and I was 131.2. I'm out of my wits end. What could I be doing better?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• sissybutts
    Options
    I feel I have the same problem, but I also manage to fall off course a lot. My problems are that I am impatient and weighh myself too much, and am overly perfectionist and have tended to see-saw between extremes.

Do you have these same tendencies?

It's funny - I am your height and my personal ideal weight is 125, however I know that I maintain a lot of muscle which will inflate my weight, not my size. Perhaps the same thing is happening to you. It's common to gain weight when working out. It's better to judge weight loss by a scale over a long period of time. Body measurements and how your clothes fit is a better indicator of fat loss.

I hope that helps! It helps me to remind myself because I tend to worry as well!

Also - you seem to already be at your ideal weight. Don't fret over 5 lbs. 5 lbs of muscle has a lot less volume than 5 lbs. of fat. More so, the 5lbs. of fat is dispersed throughout your entire body... it doesn't make a difference :)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You should open up your diary so we can see what exactly you are eating.. If you want you can add me as a friend and I will take a look at your diary and see what's up, I have been weightlifting/working out for 32 years..I am on here every day..
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't keep a diary. I do note things and then discard them.
    Here is a typical day:

Morning:
    Coffee (1 splenda and 1/4 cup of 1% milk)
    Whole grain toast (90 cal)
    1/4 cup 1% cottage
    1 boiled egg
    1 small tomato
    1/2 cup cherries.

Mid morning snack:
    1/3 cup dry natural oatmeal (I add cinnamon and ground ginger and salt, no sugar)
    1 tbs sliced almonds

Lunch:
    Mixed greens
    grilled chicken
    chickpeas
    diced tomato
    julienne carrots
    asparagus
    light italian dressing
    (I go to a place so not sure exactly how much of everything, and I vary the ingredients every day but the same structure- protein, legume and 3 non starchy veggies)

Afternoon snack:
    Large peach

Pre workout snack:
    whole grain toast
    2 tsp natural peanut butter

Dinner:
    chopped salad with lettuce, tomato cucmber, mushrooms, grapes
    1 tsp olive oil
    sometimes half an ear of fresh corn
    cup of roasted veggies prepare with about 1 tsp olive oil per serving
    grilled tilapia fillet (Gorton's fisherman brand)

Late snack- only a few times a week:
    60 calorie sugar free pudding cup.
  • pnmacgeorge
    pnmacgeorge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bet you are loosing fat and gaining muscle weight. Have you tried taking your measurements lately?
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements but I've only been back at the gym for little under two weeks. I find it hard to believe it makes that impact.