Smoothie ideas

Options
ZRunner5Lulaica
ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
So I found out at a meeting that my job may potentially be a berry-free school, so I've hit a roadblock on my smoothies for breakfast idea. I would like to keep doing smoothies, but I have some limitations between work restrictions and personal flavor dislikes. Pretty much I can't have any nut or berry products and bananas are hit or miss for me. So I'm looking for some smoothie suggestions that I can make and still be able to enjoy at work.

Also stopping somewhere like Smoothie King or Jamba Juice doesn't work out since there are either none located conveniently on my drive or they're not open when I'm commuting (yay early shifts).

Thanks all.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Mango, coconut milk, vanilla protein.

(and wth? Why Berry free?)
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    Options

My reaction when I was told in a meeting. I think it may be the senior-most teacher trying to see how much power she has with a brand new director. Her argument was that there are a lot of kids allergic to strawberries (which there are), but we have so many other allergies in the school that are bigger risks. I'm going to have the director check with corporate to confirm.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

My reaction when I was told in a meeting. I think it may be the senior-most teacher trying to see how much power she has with a brand new director. Her argument was that there are a lot of kids allergic to strawberries (which there are), but we have so many other allergies in the school that are bigger risks. I'm going to have the director check with corporate to confirm.

How ridiculous... Perhaps they should just ban food. That would be easier wouldn't it? :s
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    Options

How ridiculous... Perhaps they should just ban food. That would be easier wouldn't it? :s

Water and air for meals and snacks.

But that's why I'm going to ask for her to get clarification from corporate, especially since we now have to tell parents of the younger rooms that most of their from-home snacks can't be brought.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    What does this have to do with what kind of smoothies you drink?
    I would do every berry possible and throw in....you guessed it........PEANUT BUTTER gasp :o:#>:)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    What you eat or drink has nothing to do with the kids unless your smearing all over their little bodies ;)
    This allergy situation is going overboard!
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    What does this have to do with what kind of smoothies you drink?
    I would do every berry possible and throw in....you guessed it........PEANUT BUTTER gasp :o:#>:)
    dsboohead wrote: »
    What you eat or drink has nothing to do with the kids unless your smearing all over their little bodies ;)
    This allergy situation is going overboard!

Unfortunately because some allergies (peanut primarily) are ones that even low contact can cause severe reactions, even teaching staff having it is a problem. And we were pretty much told that if we are found with it in the room, we will be written up. :/ And for teachers, stuff like that stays on our record permanently.

The berry one is the one I have a problem with since no where is it stated to my knowledge. And considering we've served strawberry yogurt for over a year, parents bring fruit trays with berries for parties, etc., And nothing has been said before is the issue. So I'm going to get a corporate confirmation because I'm sure it's someone blowing smoke out of their rear.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I can understand peanut as it is an air borne allergy and you sweat it out. But strawberry isn't is it?

• moosterbounce
    moosterbounce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's one I do...kiwi fruit, green apple, spinach, cucumber, coconut milk (or iced water), chia.
  • shelleygbtauranga
    Options
    Try this....use spinach and avocado as the base. Add any fruit .... Avocado makes smoothie beautifully creamy - I don't like banana. My current favourite - pineapple strawberries and mint. Add orange juice if too thick.... yummy