Hey all! Need opinions

jcamp
jcamp Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!! I joined here Tuesday. I feel like I have done really well but wanted to get your opinons. We did alot of yard work two days this week and I totally added that. It was DEFINATELY a work out I assure you. Anyway I wanted to ask everyone opinions on the activities listed and the calories it says you burn on here. Does everyone feel like they are pretty accurate?? Also, outside of a more consistent workout what changes would you make to what I am doing so far. I haven't weighed myself on what I feel is an accurate scale yet so I'm not sure if there is any weight loss or not.

However, so far I am really motivated by this site and how it helps keep track of everything PLUS it comes with this nifty support system. I am 25 years old ( a little about me btw) and currently weigh between 160 and 165 and I am 5'1". My goal is about 110 My husband I had been on a diet and I had lost down to 132 and then I found out I was pregnant. I was really proud of myself because I only gained about 30 lbs (oh I lost about 5 in the begnning due to morning sickness and about 12 -1 15 of that was water weight at the end because I developed pre-eclampsia. All of it but about 10 lbs came off really quickly and easily, which left me at about 140. Since then however I have gained about another 20. Over the last 2 years I have tried different things but have just found it hard to stay motivated plus everything was really inconvient and healthy foods can get expensive. Lately I have been pretty depressed and I guess I just got tired of the excuses. Plus finding this site has helped.

Anyway I guess thats all for now. Thanks and anysuggestions, tips, ideas, etc. Are appreciated.

April 8, 2008
FOODS Calories total: 1,610
EXERCISES TOTALS 871
Raking lawn 871 calories 180 mins

April 9, 2008
TOTALS: 1,073 calories eaten

April 10, 2008
FOODS Calories TOTALS: 1,623
EXERCISES Calories TOTALS: 717
Football or baseball, playing catch -136 calories 45 (I was running and playing with kids)
Raking lawn- 581 calories 120mins

April 11, 2008
FOODS Calories TOTALS: 1,371
EXERCISES TOTALS: 217
Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace 36calories 10 mins
Cleaning, light, moderate effort 181 calories 60 mins

Replies

• jcamp
    jcamp Posts: 2
    Hey everyone!! I joined here Tuesday. I feel like I have done really well but wanted to get your opinons. We did alot of yard work two days this week and I totally added that. It was DEFINATELY a work out I assure you. Anyway I wanted to ask everyone opinions on the activities listed and the calories it says you burn on here. Does everyone feel like they are pretty accurate?? Also, outside of a more consistent workout what changes would you make to what I am doing so far. I haven't weighed myself on what I feel is an accurate scale yet so I'm not sure if there is any weight loss or not.

However, so far I am really motivated by this site and how it helps keep track of everything PLUS it comes with this nifty support system. I am 25 years old ( a little about me btw) and currently weigh between 160 and 165 and I am 5'1". My goal is about 110 My husband I had been on a diet and I had lost down to 132 and then I found out I was pregnant. I was really proud of myself because I only gained about 30 lbs (oh I lost about 5 in the begnning due to morning sickness and about 12 -1 15 of that was water weight at the end because I developed pre-eclampsia. All of it but about 10 lbs came off really quickly and easily, which left me at about 140. Since then however I have gained about another 20. Over the last 2 years I have tried different things but have just found it hard to stay motivated plus everything was really inconvient and healthy foods can get expensive. Lately I have been pretty depressed and I guess I just got tired of the excuses. Plus finding this site has helped.

Anyway I guess thats all for now. Thanks and anysuggestions, tips, ideas, etc. Are appreciated.

April 8, 2008
    FOODS Calories total: 1,610
    EXERCISES TOTALS 871
    Raking lawn 871 calories 180 mins

April 9, 2008
    TOTALS: 1,073 calories eaten

April 10, 2008
    FOODS Calories TOTALS: 1,623
    EXERCISES Calories TOTALS: 717
    Football or baseball, playing catch -136 calories 45 (I was running and playing with kids)
    Raking lawn- 581 calories 120mins

April 11, 2008
    FOODS Calories TOTALS: 1,371
    EXERCISES TOTALS: 217
    Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace 36calories 10 mins
    Cleaning, light, moderate effort 181 calories 60 mins
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Calories burnt look ok for me but you eat too little!
    Is ~1100calories your MFP goal?? Set it to 1lb/week loss plus sedentary/lightly active activity level. It shouldn't be less than 1200. Follow it and eat all exercise calories.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • RMUNTZ2
    RMUNTZ2 Posts: 152 Member
    Hey,

Look at Calorieking site for an extensive list of exercises and burn rates.

http://www.calorieking.com.au/
This discussion has been closed.