Weight & fat loss help

Options
Hi
Im female, 5ft 8 and around 225lbs at the mo. Mfp had put me on 1700 cals to lose 1.5lb a week. Does this seem right?
Anyone who has experience with weight & fat loss could you help me?
Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, it seems right.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Trust the number. You'll see results.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im female, 5ft 8 and around 225lbs at the mo. Mfp had put me on 1700 cals to lose 1.5lb a week. Does this seem right?
    Anyone who has experience with weight & fat loss could you help me?
    Thanks in advance:)

Yep
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    Follow what MFP says - it sounds plausible. Stick with it for 4-6 weeks. There will be ups and downs on the scale (water weight, menstrual cycles, sodium, yada yada). Don't worry about that; it's normal. At the end of 6 weeks, toss out the results from the first week or two if they're unusual, and average the other weeks.

If you lost more than target, eat a little more (because losing more than 1% of body weight per week consistently risks unhealthy consequences). If you lost too slowly, eat a little less.

Try to stick with 6 weeks unless you lose very fast and begin feeling weak or fatigued or have other worrisome symptoms. If that happens, eat a little more.

Best wishes! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You and I have similar stats. I'm 5'8" and started out around 215 pounds. 1700 is a solid starting point. You can always adjust your calories up or down as you go.
  • CarbsAndCoffee41
    CarbsAndCoffee41 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats as well. We should all stick to that goal and see where we are in a month.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Yup, I'm at 2 pounds a week and at 1660
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You have your number, next figure out meal timing and what foods provide the best satiety.
  • rachelpower82
    rachelpower82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • rockyhi512
    rockyhi512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is an amount that you will find easier to prepare meals. You should be able to portion your calories better.