Lost 70+ pounds, gained back 25+ and don't know where to start again!

Options
Hey everyone!

I am looking for some friends to motivate me along this new journey. Back in 2012/2013, I was in my late teens and weighed in at around 220 lbs. Over the next few years, as I went to college and adopted a new lifestyle, I got down to the high 140s. At that time, I was spending 2 hours at the gym, was only a student (no job), didn't have a relationship - all of which has changed now.

I am now almost 23 years old and weigh around 170 - most of my weight is held in my butt and legs. I'm 5'1, which I feel is making things even more challenging. It wasn't until yesterday that I started researching how height really plays a factor in your weightloss. Still, over the past year+, I have really let go of my healthy lifestyle I worked so hard to achieve. I am in grad school, have a job, have a steady relationship, and so many other aspects of my life that demand my time.

Thus, my question is - for those of you who have lost and gained back, where did you find the strength to start back? I would love to hear your current and success stories.

Here is a post I made a few years back about my success, and I also have an Instagram at renahopefit. I am trying really hard to get back at this!

I was obese as a child and have never weighed the right weight for my height - everyone is telling me, "you can't lose that much weight, you aren't built for that," but my body is telling me otherwise.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Being vertically challenged just means you don't get as many calories per day as say, someone who is six foot two. That's the only difference. Since you can't grow yourself taller, you have to work with reality.

You can lose the weight again. Just set your goals and stick to your calories. It's what we all have to do, regardless of what others around us are doing.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I was obese as a teen, and I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained, hence part of the reason for my username.

It will need to be a decision to make a healthy lifestyle. No secret inspirations or magic buttons. It’s a decision, made by you to improve your habits and behaviors as it relates to food and exercise.

You can do this! The moment of decision can be made now or later. If you need a MFP mentor, I’m happy to encourage you or anyone else. #loveoneanother