i am hypothroid and on medication.
Did a 4 week weight loss program with nothing lost
then again did 3 week weight loss lost only 1 kg

i am 5 feet 4 inches and 100 kg weight.

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism which is currently successfully treated and I am steadily losing weight. If you know that your thyroid levels are in check with your current medication then I’d recommend just using MFP to calculate your calories and stick to that.
    Were you calorie counting as part of your previous weight loss plan?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What type of programs were they?

Calorie counting will work if you log/count properly.
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi all i am not new to losing weight.
    3 years ago i dropped 30 kg in 6 months.
    this time i have 40kg to lose.
    was hypothryroid then aswell.
    But this time no mater what my diet is the weight isnot changing.
    i think there is some problem with my medication.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What are you doing to try to lose weight? How many calories are you eating every day, and how are you measuring them?

Edit for typo.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism, but have managed to lose 16 kg since Sept. 6th.

I don't know about your macros, but I learned that a low carb diet doesn't work for people with hypothyroidism. We need our carbs. I tried a low carb diet at the beginning of the year and gained 1.5 kg in a week. Now I'm eating my carbs AND losing weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    WardaRiaz wrote: »
    hi all i am not new to losing weight.
    3 years ago i dropped 30 kg in 6 months.
    this time i have 40kg to lose.
    was hypothryroid then aswell.
    But this time no mater what my diet is the weight isnot changing.

Are you counting calories as accurately as possible (logging everything on MFP, using a food scale, recipe builder, etc.)?

If you think something is wrong with your medication then speak with your doctor. But you still have to ensure that you're in a calorie deficit in order to lose weight.
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i am trying to reduce calories to 1000 per day. after a week no weight loss
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat what MFP recommends, not 1000. If you don't have a food scale, purchase one. A week without losing is fine, but over a seven-week span you lost one kilogram. You're eating more than you think.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Hello, I also have hypothyroid and on medication. The first thing you need to do is make sure your medication IS working. I would highly recommend the Natural Thyroid or Armour, NOT the synthetic. Second, you have got to get your food logged correctly. Do not eat less than 1200 calories or your body will hang on to your fat thinking your starving. Do eat all the food group. Just make wiser choices. Obviously, avoid refined sugars like cake, ice cream, cookies. Be careful your not drinking your calories, pop (Even Diet Pop is not good), alcohol, or to much milk. Drink plenty of water. Eating out is a big no-no. If you are going to eat out know ahead of time what you're going to order and how much calories it has. Do a Google search, you can find out how many calories in just about anything. Of course, get moving. Have you tried a watch that counts your steps? 10,000 Steps a day while watching your weight should get that weight off. I have also done a 10 day cleanse. You can find good ones at your health food store. Most importantly DO NOT GIVE UP! You can do this. Hope this helps, good luck on your weight loss journey

Ignore pretty much all of this, OP

Especially the cleanse part...

And the holding on to fat part
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, and when my synthroid dose is correct I lose weight as predicted by MFP. If you haven’t been tested for a while, especially if you’ve gained a significant amount of weight since the last time you were tested, or are having symptoms, it’s a good idea to see your doctor to check your levels. Losing or gaining weight can affect some people’s thyroid levels. After I lost ~35 pounds my synthroid dose was too high and my doctor needed to lower my dose (and yes, I’m sure that it was the weight loss that affected my levels and not the other way around, as I was being tested frequently and lost exactly as predicted by MFP).

I’m 5’3”, currently 155 pounds with a lightly active lifestyle, and maintain at around 1,850 calories per day.
  • Moondoggie9155
    Moondoggie9155 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroid & autoimmune hashimotos. Prior to being properly diagnosed and medicated my numbers would flux from normal to not normal all the while I felt awful along with not being able to lose weight. For me it is important to make sure my medication is working first and my numbers are at the optimal for my body. You can check your own levels thru life extensions. I find natural pig thyroid works best for me and I need my tsh suppressed. You can check for antibodies in case you may want to confirm hashimotos, if you have not already. I find I feel better avoiding certain foods especially gluten as it can trigger the autoimmune process. As for a cleanse....it also helped me to do a food allergy cleanse test which helped me identify foods that made me feel worse of which I found dairy, sugar and wheat to be my issues. This may not be for you but a good dr or naturopath can walk you thru it. The main thing is to not give up.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    WardaRiaz wrote: »

So why are you posting here instead of discussing your medication with your doctors?