Can you experts please advise - portions

Options
Hello all

Just wondering if you guys can recommend a better way to split food values. I have my macro / calorie values and so does my better half (hers are nearly 1000 calories less)
Other then cooking two separate meals in separate pans, is there a better way to do this? I imagine the food weights either more or less after cooking it

Cheers

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Just wondering if you guys can recommend a better way to split food values. I have my macro / calorie values and so does my better half (hers are nearly 1000 calories less)
    Other then cooking two separate meals in separate pans, is there a better way to do this? I imagine the food weights either more or less after cooking it

Cheers

Make a recipe. She gets 1/3, you get 2/3 and a side.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder and divide everything into an equal number of portions. Then you can serve yourself and your wife different amounts and put down the number or fraction of portions. Unless it's very calorie dense like guacamole, I just eyeball how much of a dish is "one fourth" or whatever. But you can also weigh the cooked food (subtract the weight of the pan) and then weigh the portions.