Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein salad

Here’s my protein enriched green salad with eggs, walnuts, and cucumber seasoned with olive oil, basil, and oregano! Plus two cups of lime water for hydration!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Here’s my protein enriched green salad with eggs, walnuts, and cucumber seasoned with olive oil, basil, and oregano! Plus two cups of lime water for hydration!

Protein enriched how?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Protein enriched how?

I'm assuming the pitiful amount of egg....

:huh:
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Damnit, I was hoping for an actual decent recipe.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Looks like a lot of fat, some carbs, and trace amounts of protein. Oh, and water. Water is good for you.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Black beans, kidney beans, peas, ground turkey, spinach, onion, tomato, bell pepper and tomato broth/paste all cooked together and topped with cheese = protein salad aka chili...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2017
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,626 Member
    Looks tasty to me, as a lighter meal! Let's see: Some healthy fats to get the most out of the veggies - good show. And several servings of veggies - nice. Protein: Looks like maybe 2 eggs at perhaps 6g each, ounce of walnuts at around 4g, so maybe 16g?

At 5'5", as a long-time ovo-lacto veg, with a 120lb goal weight, I usually shoot for 100g daily (0.8g per pound of goal weight, rounded up), spread through the day, I'd be looking for 25-30g in each meal, if it's a 3 meal/day setup. I'd probably consider dressing the salad with a homemade dressing of seasoned Greek yogurt (12g-ish per 1/2 C), adding 1/2C of shelled edamame or cannelini beans (7-8g per 1/2C), and/or putting a little cottage cheese alongside (14g per 1/2C). I might need to reduce the olive oil to make calorie room, though.

If I ate meat, just a bit of something like tuna, chicken or shrimp might do the trick more efficiently.

But that's me, not you, and what counts is a good & sufficient balance at the end of the day! :)

Oh, and: The kinda new-participant-squashing replies up there? I dunno, maybe they're hangry? Ignore 'em. ;)