Vegan cleanse challenge.

Options
So next week I’m doing a vegan 7 day challenge. Anyone have any ideas for food, snacks, recipes. I’m definitely a meat eater but really want to cleanse after all the junk I’ve had the last few weeks. Thanks!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I cleanse by eating more food... and I don't call food 'junk', its just food and I ate plenty of it since Thanksgiving too.

Do yourself a favor and ditch this idea and just resume your normal diet.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I’m not going to comment on the cleanse aspect, however there are loads of free vegan recipes online. Bosh is a good site, and the vegan society have some tasty ones. You can google for vegan recipes of pretty much anything.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* exactly are you cleansing from your body that your liver and kidneys aren’t capable of ridding on their own? If either of those organs weren’t doing their job you’d be hospilitized or dead. Use your brain man.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Going vegan for a week isn't going to really do anything. If you feel crummy about your holiday diet, just go back to your regular, balanced, perfectly fine diet and you'll feel better in no time.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 cans of sauerkraut everyday. Stay near restroom.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what a vegan cleanse is supposed to be for/do. I get the 28 day vegan challenges, as a way to try out being plant based for a month, and see how you get on with it, but cleanses ... I don't know, they seem odd to me. As for food ideas, i'm a fan of cheap lazy vegan on youtube for food ideas, or perhaps hotforfood for more elaborate food ideas.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hahaha triggered

I'm not a vegan but one of my favorite breakast juices/smooothies could be vegan. And its tasty.

Handful of spinach
    granny smith apple
    cucumber
    banana
    little bit of ginger
    2ish cups of water, depending on how thick you want it. add ice to make it a smoothie.

i've used a blender and a juicer before. either way worked fine for me.