Getting it Right!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Brandon. I've constantly had struggles with my weight my entire life. The bad part about all of this is I truly understand nutrition. Last year (August 29th to be specific) I made a decision to drop this weight once and for all and I lost 71lbs! I felt good and my life was great. But then, for whatever reason, i stopped caring and trying. I didn't realize it, but only did I gain that weight back, I added an additional 18 lbs. I'm in shock and I'm not sure how I let that happen. But, I don't want to deal with this anymore. I just want to be happy with who I am and help others in the process. I need accountability partners and I want to do the same for others. I'm never getting back this size ever again! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm close to 360lbs. Here is the wrong kind of before and after pics. Don't mind how I look now, I'm going through a semi hippy phase. LOL. But I would love to walk with someone on their journey and I would appreciate it if people walked with me on mine. qkdkcdti48nk.jpg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Losing weight and keeping it off are two different things, you're practically doing the same, but the one is hard where the other is easy, and vice versa. I too truly believed I understood nutrition. But it was in the form of nutritionism - based on fear, disease prevention, aiming to be thin, sacrifice, trying to be perfect. Eating well is not just about getting in nutrients and not eating too much, it's pleasure, comfort, celebration, preferences, tradition, culture, ordinary days and dramatic events. When I learned that I could, and must, enjoy what I eat, and eat what I enjoy, overeating just lost its pull. I've now, happily, maintained a healthy weight for three years, after more than 20 years of up and down, including obesity.