Weigh Same, Measurements Smaller?

Options
So I started more intensively working out (weight/resistance) about a month ago and my weight is up a pound (so effectively, about the same) but I noticed my measurements are down in some areas. My bust is down by a quarter inch and my hips are down three-quarters of an inch. I am 100% sure of where I'm measuring because of, errr...markers. :blush: (Can't miss.) I definitely am not pulling the measuring tape tight.

However, my waist us up half an inch. (???) Since that is where I immediately gain or lose bloat I have to think it could be water. If it were fat I wouldn't think the other measurements were going down. Just my thoughts on that. I'd think they'd at the very least stay the same.

Does this make sense? Am I building muscle? I realize it is supposed to take some time for a woman to build muscle and usually she will need to lift "heavy"...I am lifting to exhaustion but as a beginner that's definitely not heavy by standard definition, I wouldn't think.

Is this progress...?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Heavy simply means heavy for you. Keep going!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My inches dropped and Wright stayed the same in 1st year of maintenence, lifting the whole time. Your waist is probably water retention. Measurements aren't perfect either and it's often hard for me to detect a difference in only a month. Keep it going!