which meat is best to consume for muscle building and lower Cholesterol levels.

Options
I had a cholesterol test recently and came to know that I have very high LDL and very low HDL.
I consistently go to gym (cardio, weights, swimming) and eat healthy foods at least 5 days a week.
I am shocked to see the results but I realized that it is never late to know that you are moving in wrong direction.
There is something in my diet which I overlooked that causes spike in my cholesterol, My suspicion is with baked skinless chicken breast which I started eating everyday since one year as it is one of the best ways to get protein rich low calorie food.
Does this really causes high risk cholesterol levels?
Any thoughts on this is appreciated....

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    venky2017 wrote: »
    I had a cholesterol test recently and came to know that I have very high LDL and very low HDL.
    I consistently go to gym (cardio, weights, swimming) and eat healthy foods at least 5 days a week.
    I am shocked to see the results but I realized that it is never late to know that you are moving in wrong direction.
    There is something in my diet which I overlooked that causes spike in my cholesterol, My suspicion is with baked skinless chicken breast which I started eating everyday since one year as it is one of the best ways to get protein rich low calorie food.
    Does this really causes high risk cholesterol levels?
    Any thoughts on this is appreciated....

Unsaturated fats (lean proteins), fibrous foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains and oats), plant based fats and seafood are the better choices to help with cholesterol. Exercise, genetics and weight loss will be th bigger drivers though.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Peter Attila has a great cholesterol series on his blog. It gets into what raises and lowers cholesterol, and what aspects of cholesterol can help indicate good CV health. The book Cholesterol Clarity is an easier read with much of the same info.

Feldman did some interesting n=1 experiments on his cholesterol with a high calorie and high fat diet that is quite interesting too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZu52duIqno