Question

Options
Hello guys! So I've recently started doing cross fit and decided to change my bad eating habits to help me lose weight. Everything is going great except for the sugar cravings!!!! I have a bad sweet tooth towards ice cream. I can easily give up the chips and pizza but I'm having a hard time with the cravings. I was told that taking b complex and chromium for it. Would you agree? Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that, but I have ice cream several times a week while losing. I just fit 1-2 servings (depending on the brand) into my calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I've never heard of that, but I have ice cream several times a week while losing. I just fit 1-2 servings (depending on the brand) into my calories.

This^

Learn how to manage your eating habits forever. I can only eliminate foods for so long, that doesn't bode well for maintenance.

Can you go out for ice cream once a week in the beginning? I do well with individual portions of ice cream. Skinny Cow, Weight Watchers......light ice cream bars fit nicely.

I can fit pizza in too - one meat and thin crust and veggies. Always having salad on the side allows me to eat less pizza. Homemade pizza can be good too. Turkey pepperoni is much lower in fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hello guys! So I've recently started doing cross fit and decided to change my bad eating habits to help me lose weight. Everything is going great except for the sugar cravings!!!! I have a bad sweet tooth towards ice cream. I can easily give up the chips and pizza but I'm having a hard time with the cravings. I was told that taking b complex and chromium for it. Would you agree? Any tips? Thanks!

It's kind of a catch-22. Yeah, supplements *might* help if you're deficient in those particular nutrients BUT it's not a good idea to start taking supplements unless your doctor has diagnosed the deficiency and recommended a dosage for you.

Depending on how you decide to move forward, there are some options like Yasso, Skinny Cow, Halo Top, or classic fudge pops that might give you a lower calorie way to fulfill that craving until you get everything into balance.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    make room in your calories for ice cream.

problem solved.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Halo Top, Artic Zero, Breyer's pints
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you think you can moderate your ice cream intake, weigh out portions that fit in your calories or choose some single serving ice cream treats that will fit in your calories.

If you cannot moderate it, some people have had luck cutting it out completely and find the cravings disappear over time.

You may find that you can do one or the other depending on the food, so while cutting some foods out is easy, others you might have better success by moderating, and vice versa.