Hello!

Hi everyone :)
I'm new to myfittnesspal, just getting to grips with the app.
My name is Sam, I'm 27 and I was happily proposed to on Christmas eve! I've wanted to lose weight for a while, but the proposal is a big incentive to actually do something about it! We won't be getting married until 2020 so I have 3 years to get to where I want to be!
I am 14.5 stone, so overweight as I'm 5'6". I've dieted before, I've been between 9.5st and bordering on 19st, so yo-yo'd quite a bit to say the least! At my lowest weight I wasn't healthy, despite being within a normal BMI range. Living off a jacket potato a day isn't normal despite what the BMI charts may say! I do struggle with eating too much at the mo, lots of snacking, not enough meals.
I would love it if some of you could give me inspiration and tips on how to eat healthily, and most importantly, stick to it!
I look forward to hearing from you all!
Sam x

Replies

• amybuckle1
    amybuckle1 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi Sam! I'm Amy, 25years old. One thing is to add people and introduce yourself on here as you've done, people are so encouraging and supportive, but also not judgemental, some times we do have a lapse but it's not a problem just carry on healthy eating afterwards. I have found for me that rather than completely switching to "diet food" work down in levels, so if your used to eating a bag of crisps change the crisps to a bag of baked crisps instead of your normal fry crisps. Also use your calorie counter and don't under eat (my mistake last time) I lost 6llb the first week but soon got fed up as I didn't eat enough so didn't have enough energy for workouts.
    I wish you the best of luck and also CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful time to propose ❤ feel free to add me as a friend.