The holidays are over

Options
Went off the rails last two days time to get back to work and back on it.

Are you glad too?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!!
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Oh yes!!!

Its knocked me out of my routine
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was actually really happy with my New Years eating. It's the first time I ever planned holiday eating and stuck pretty close to what I planned (yay for pizza, chocolate bark and cheese balls! Lol). It was one of the biggest accomplishment feelings I've ever had to feel like it "worked."
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Oh yes!!!

Its knocked me out of my routine

I do better when I don't do the holidays at home because I only have to worry about 12/24, 12/25, 12/31 and 1/01. But this year I had family for 10 days with a lot of day trips and eating out, and no time to exercise. I only added 2 lbs to my happy weight, but as you said my routine has been thrown out the door and I am still trying to get my "mojo" back. The good thing is that because I had so much house-work to do and clean, I was relative active. Glad that it is over and I hope to get back to reality this coming week. Good luck to you!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's over!! Love the holidays but I'm a creature of habit. It's hard staying with my routine this time of year. Food was not too big of an issue, except yesterday (my birthday and New Years Eve, so there was no healthy options!!). I feel like garbage today and I'm looking forward to getting back at it. Funny, I was worried about a few bad days derailing my progress but it's actually confirmed that I love my new lifestyle! Hears to a great 2018 for everyone!
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez, ME TOO!!! I’m still recovering!!!!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've been off the rails since Thanksgiving and I feel terrible. Tonight was the end of it though. Back at it in themorning
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I love holidays, all holidays, but I do kind of like being back in a "regular" routine. As far as eating, I really didn't go nuts in any sort of extended way this holiday season (Halloween through New Year's). I had I think three big "overeats" during that time. I had raised my daily calories a bit (long story) and just didn't feel the need to go crazy. I ate holiday stuff a lot within my calorie goals, though.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My birthday is Friday so in this house the holidays aren’t quite over lol. I am looking forward to working the next 3 days and getting somewhat back into a regular routine though
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in...1.6lbs heavier.happy with that 12st 9.6 now its time to get down to business and and down to 12st

Comeooooonnn
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I'll find out in the morning what holidays have done to my weight although it shouldn't be too much as I walked much more than usual. Being right by the beach and a need to escape the other 15 family members I shared the holiday house with helped with that one. Can't wait to get back into a normal routine although weighing food for the first time in 10 days this afternoon felt strange.
  • susiestrike
    susiestrike Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I have gained 2kbs, so hard to get off, so easy to put in - AND it’s all that left over food, can’t afford to just throw it away, so land up eating it after Christmas until it’s all gone! I feel guilty throwing it away, does anyone else feel that way?
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I have gained 2kbs, so hard to get off, so easy to put in - AND it’s all that left over food, can’t afford to just throw it away, so land up eating it after Christmas until it’s all gone! I feel guilty throwing it away, does anyone else feel that way?

Can you freeze it? Give it away? Fit it into your calories?

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Can you freeze it? Give it away? Fit it into your calories?

Box it up and mail directly to me?

• ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well over the holidays, maintained and kept my workouts up. New Years Eve we had a wedding so it was a free for all and I leave in a week for a 7 day cruise. I figured I did well over the holidays, I'm going to enjoy the cruise and get back at it when I return. Luckily for me I enjoy working out too much that I still get it in on my vacations.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I love the holidays, but the fact that they are limited is why they are special. I'm ready to lose these lbs I gained and get back to normal for a while.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Yes!! I save a little of everything for the kids to pick at for a day or two. I pick at the healthier options during that time. If there is still food after that I give it to a neighbor or freeze if it's a good amount left. This year I made a serious effort to not end up with a weeks worth of leftovers. It was much easier than trying to part with the goodies after the fact!