Different cardio help...??

Options
I love the elliptical, it gets my heart pumping, sweat pouring, everything... I don't want my body to get used to it to the point where it becomes a mute point. I do cardio 4-6 days a week, on the same elliptical. I'm able to go and do about 45 minutes on level 1-2... I know I should raise the intensity but I'm not quite there yet... I'm working on it.

My thing is, I want to try other cardio exercises too. I CAN NOT do the treadmill... I walk on that thing for 5 minutes and I feel like my shins are about to break . I don't know what it is. I love to walk, I like to try to be able to jog but it is sooooo hot outside that that's out of the question.

Do y'all have any ideas of what else to try to do sometimes and kind of mix up my workouts and not get burnt out.

Replies

• Angela_Curtis78
    Options
    Try some outdoor cardio. Take advantage of the summer weather. I have been bicycling, walking my baby/dog. Also I am really liking this dvd workout with the biggest loser trainers. It is both cardio and strength. Good luck!
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would dance. Zumba is super fun to do! If you are not into a group fitness person then I would do it at home. Turn up some music and dance like crazy! It really burns a TON of calories and its fun :)
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Try rowing. It can be kind of boring after a while, but its pretty hard to beat as an exercise that utilizes the full body. You could also mix up your cardios that you currently do and do them as a circuit of sorts.
    Rather than doing 30 minutes on the bike, do, 5 minutes jump rope, then transition into 10 minutes on recumb bike, then 5 minute row, 10 minute eliptical etc.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Well, one thing you could do (if you aren't already) and move on the elliptical like you're going backwards. You'll use different muscles and still get the same low-impact exercise.
    If you have access to a pool, swimming is also great. I really enjoy running, but walking is also a great way to get moving and a good exercise! Try taking outdoor walks in areas with varied landscape, it'll be fun and healthy!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Zumba is geat - I just started. Biking, Swimming (or water aerobics - low impact in the water), new DVD's and I also like Wii Fit Plus. Some people on MFP are talking about EA Sports Active (for Wii) is also great - that's next for me!