Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Unicorn-fantasy-13728709-777-764.jpg

Yes yes Herbalife is all magic
  • ComeGetHealthy
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone is trying or has tried the Herbalife Shake Meal products and what kind of success have you had with this product on your weight loss journey? I have recently started drinking two healthy shakes a day and eating one sensible dinner meal to help in my weight loss. What are your thoughts on this product?

Caloric deficit governs weight loss, if you want to create a deficit using overpriced shakes, so be it. They don't do anything special for weightloss

Yep.

I did the whole Herbalife program thing. I lost 40 pounds. I was very successful. I stopped drinking the shakes and gained it all back plus 12 more pounds. I am now down 41 pounds with simply tracking my calories and exercising. Healthy and sustainable is the way to go. Don't waste your money on overpriced shakes - learn how to eat at a calorie deficit and incorporate exercise into your life.

Yes eating healthy is the way to go and should definitely be incorporated while on the Herbalife program. Clearly you were not eating healthy when you gained back all the weight. Instead of blaming yourself for eating poorly, you blame Herbalife. Look in the mirror. Secondly, Cellular Nutrition is widely used across the globe, its NOT a Herbalife claim. Thousands of doctors, clinics and programs are now adopting the Cellular nutrition technology. Google it and please read you can learn a lot. I also suggest you watch "wheat belly" on youtube too.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    IN to learn about magic!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes do not begin with a clever marketing strategy, that is all.

Rigger
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Utilize the tools and the support on MFP to lead a healthier lifestyle. It will benefit you more in the long run to learn NOW how to eat healthy portions and in moderation. Quick fix weight loss plans are not the answer and very few people are successful after.

Don't take anything people say as a personal attack either. You're just asking people who seek healthier eating a question about substituting food with what is otherwise empty calories as far as nutrition goes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Cellular Nutrition then get back to me ....
    Lol, you mean some "concept" made up to sell shakes?

Question: If the best RD's out on the market don't endorse it, then why should one believe it's "better" than just learning how to eat ones macro/micro nutrients in correct portions? And with variety?

Unless one wants to drink shakes the REST OF THEIR LIFE, and forego some foods or actual meals, then this it NOTHING more than a money making diet.

And MLM people who are suckered into it usually are really bad at countering as to why actually eating food isn't as good as their products. Keep on believin' and make sure to keep that monthly autoship going to pay your upline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quotes]

Obviously you can't make you own decisions or do your own research if you rely solely on what RD's endorse. The nation’s largest group of professional nutritionists—the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics—has close ties to food and beverage companies like Coca-Cola, Mars, Hershey and Nestlé. Not only do these company sponsors receive space at conferences to convince dieticians of the benefits of their products, required continuing education is often also run by these very same companies.
    Lol, I have close ties to many religious figures but am an atheist. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics have a ton of PEER REVIEWED clinical studies in their armada not done by them, but universities, journals of medicine and science and independent entities. Your argument is petitio principii.
    What is so wrong with drinking a healthy shake every morning? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING .... just b/c you don't agree with it doesn't mean its wrong. I know that might be hard for you to understand but people mock what they do not understand. Yes I do plan on drinking a healthy shake everyday for the rest of my life and I can guarantee it's BETTER than anything you eat for breakfast. I wouldn't expect a trainer to understand tho.
    There's nothing WRONG with it, but your attitude is that without your "stuff", people's nutritional values are inadequate. Your "elitist" stance shows that you're falling for the BS that most MLM diet programs feed you. Being that I've been in the fitness industry (that doesn't conform to a lot of the BS that they even put out), I'm sure I'm more than qualified that others will believe my position on diet.
    I eat food all day. I don't understand where this notion of not eating real food comes from. Oh and FYI Herbalife does not automatically. I don't have a single client on it.
    So you're saying that Herbalife plans don't have a shake substitute for a daily meal or two? Really? Do I need to post their plans on 1200 calories?
    They have autoship. Says so right on their website. And if you're saying that you'd rather pay 10% higher for your daily magic shakes by not autoshipping, then you should have clients.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    IN to learn about magic!

tumblr_lubec70zpu1r0ak2io1_500.gif

Me too, Do they sell Herbalife and Shakeology at Hogwarts?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone is trying or has tried the Herbalife Shake Meal products and what kind of success have you had with this product on your weight loss journey? I have recently started drinking two healthy shakes a day and eating one sensible dinner meal to help in my weight loss. What are your thoughts on this product?

Caloric deficit governs weight loss, if you want to create a deficit using overpriced shakes, so be it. They don't do anything special for weightloss

^^This. I have a friend that sells them and she keeps trying to get me to buy them and sell them. They taste fine but I would much rather save my money eating real food that I can continue to eat when I am just trying to maintain. I am learning what foods are good for me and help me get to where I want to be. I don't feel drinking shakes gives you that.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Yep.

I did the whole Herbalife program thing. I lost 40 pounds. I was very successful. I stopped drinking the shakes and gained it all back plus 12 more pounds. I am now down 41 pounds with simply tracking my calories and exercising. Healthy and sustainable is the way to go. Don't waste your money on overpriced shakes - learn how to eat at a calorie deficit and incorporate exercise into your life.

Yes eating healthy is the way to go and should definitely be incorporated while on the Herbalife program. Clearly you were not eating healthy when you gained back all the weight. Instead of blaming yourself for eating poorly, you blame Herbalife. Look in the mirror. Secondly, Cellular Nutrition is widely used across the globe, its NOT a Herbalife claim. Thousands of doctors, clinics and programs are now adopting the Cellular nutrition technology. Google it and please read you can learn a lot. I also suggest you watch "wheat belly" on youtube too.
    Lol, so you believe in the wheat belly hyperbole nonsense? Yep, you're hooked by Herbalife. This wheat belly thing has been debunked. When an MD writes a book, for some reason symbolism over substance is believed.
    You should read OBJECTIVE material, not SUBJECTIVE material.
    Here's a good article on how someone (who eats gluten free) reviewed the author's book.

http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.com/2012/03/wheat-belly-busted.html

IDEA Fitness member
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IN to learn about magic!

tumblr_lubec70zpu1r0ak2io1_500.gif

Me too, Do they sell Herbalife and Shakeology at Hogwarts?

Yep, it's a spell. Reductio ad absurdum.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's a spell. Reductio ad absurdum.

Nicely done!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ANY diet plan works if followed. Sustaining the program after goal is where failure happens because most plans are restrictive. That's why about 90% of the people who come off them regain. It's easy to lose weight when one is restricted from actual foods they like to eat.
    Lifestyle is about taking what you like to consume and fitting it into a reasonable calorie intake based on one's expenditure of calories out. One should shoot to meet their daily macro/micro nutrient goals each day.

The majority of lean people out there will tell you that they don't deny themselves what they like to eat. They just don't over eat.

IDEA Fitness member
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You mean I could have been using magic all this time? Hmph why didn't anyone tell me that!!

In all seriousness though, I do have a protein shake each morning for breakfast and while it's not magic, it gets me cals and nutrients during a time that I would normally not have time to eat (lateness is my middle name). It's nothing fancy or overpriced but it does the job. I did the shake thing years ago and yes most people do gain it all back +. And while yes it should be about "eating right" when you stop the shakes, most companies may pretend to show you but fall short when it comes to actually teaching the reality of food and calories... the difference between food you chew and food you drink. Most do not learn how to eat healthy while using a shake meal replacement program. I don't know anyone who has used those types of products and didn't gain the weight back (and usually plus some) when stopping them. Personally, I am finally coming to grips with eating healthy instead of looking for the next "magic" pill or shake or food. It's hard work but anyone can do it.

Whatever you decide, I just want to say good luck in your journey!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    As a Muggle, I would love to learn this 'magic'. Should I expect my Owl at home?
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    The shakes are nice after a tough, hot workout but other than that - I'm an oatmeal gal. I don't buy all the stuff they wanna sell me, if you know what i mean. I can see how they make money though. The pyramid scheme is a little dated but it seems to work for them.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

220px-Wizard101_Logo_with_Transparent_Background.gif

Do you even magic?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Never one to be as uneducated as Taso, I took it upon myself to research cellular nutrition, for like 3 minutes on google.

Dr Ray Strand, who sells books, defines it as "Cellular nutrition would be defined as providing ALL of the micronutrients to the cell at these optimal or advanced levels that have been shown to provide a health benefit in our medical literature."

Which makes total sense in the concept of herbalife, because it's totally possible that this MLM has developed a way to deliver ALL micronutrients to every person at the optimal levels, a feat the US government has been researching how to do for decades for MRE's and been thus far unable to accomplish, because different micronutrients react with one another so they literally can't be all included in a single food with today's technology, according to the nation's best food scientists.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is simply burning more calories than you consume. There's no difference between consuming magical shakes, turnip juice or pickled pig poo. A calorie is a calorie. A nutrient is a nutrient. Clever marketing disguised as research will not help you lose weight. Eating less, exercising more and connecting with good people on MFP will be more beneficial.

(There are some HAWT blue haired Muggles around here.)
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options

220px-Wizard101_Logo_with_Transparent_Background.gif

Do you even magic?

D&D!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Shakes are a kind of food. They have calories, fat, protein, carbs. Control your food and you control your weight. It's that simple. There is nothing special or magic about these shakes, other than their high price tag evidently.

This post right here just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on Cellular Nutrition and you'll see what the magic is. For most people controlling their food isn't so simple. That's why the Herbalife program is ideal for people that need the extra motivation, support and/or discipline that they aren't getting from home. For some reason you are extremely ignorant to that fact.

I'm also not a fat *kitten* any more, whereas I once was a fat *kitten*. And I've never once subscribed to any nonsense like Cellular Nutrition or the weak *kitten* notion that controlling food is so hard that one should need a product to help them.

Get a grip.

You are truly uneducated. You basically just said eating disorders are scams and people don't deserve help. You're a lost cause

Uh, no. I think he just called Cellular Nutrition a scam. But I see what you did there.