Pre Workout!

Options
2»

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have never taken pre workout before. I bought some this past week and have been trying it to see if it has any benefit to me. At this point I see no reason to shell out the cash for pre work outs. My 2 cents.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Currently bouncing between Cobra lab’s Shadow X and The Curse.
    Both fairly potent.
    Shadow X is stronger.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'd figured question why you feel you need a pre-workout. If you are looking for a little boost, and you don't have a high caffeine tolerance (like I do), anything with caffeine will work (soda, coffee, etc..).

When I was working out in the afternoon, I was doing a little protein and some carbs before hand, but that was because I worked out at 4pm and at lunch at 11am, so I was getting a bit hungry.
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Some folks swear by pre-workout supplements. I workout at 5am and do so with an empty stomach aside form drinking lots of water.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    My option is no PWO.
    Never seen the point let alone a need...

Yep. If the OP feels there is something missing fix the diet/sleep before supplementing.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    DebyDear wrote: »
    High-Protein before exercise is important. Also, I have been doing a very low-impact warm-up that is very simple, but effective. You stand about arms length from a wall, leaving your feet in that spot (shoulder-width apart), lean in until your elbows are at 90 degrees. Hold this position for three minutes. You will be surprised at how much this will contribute to your warm-up routine. It also makes a good post-exercise cool-down. Hope this helps.

No it's not. Nutrient timing is the last 1% when it comes to effective exercise/nutrition for the vast majority of us. Most have a lot to fix before worrying about timing.
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and then head out. Eating anything PW makes me nauseous. During I use electrolyte powder in water and eat nuts (I eat Keto). I make energy bars for my husband (who eats everything) or he eats dried fruits and nuts or a banana. When we get home and have had water and after showering I have a full lunch. We exercise 2-3 hours with sports.