daily motivation ... running, lifting, nutrition - your experiences

Options
Gmorning!

I seek my motivation from multiple sources. I'm kind of a exercise loner, so usually I do this on my own, but I'm lacking in creativity at the moment and wondering if you could share your experiences with daily motivational emails ... ones you've tried and really liked or ones to stay away from. I'm thinking this sort of thing exists without the need to be enrolled in a specific program, but I guess I'm not even 100% sure about that.

My particular interests are long distance running, compound lifts, and (where I always need help) nutrition. I'm not an "easy fix" kind of person, nor am I fair-weather (or New Year's Resolutions) athlete. I am just seeking a little extra nudge in the mornings without being totally inundated with zillions of emails and would love to hear about what you subscribe to.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I don’t get daily e-mails, I just come to this site and scroll through the Success Stories section. I find that pretty motivating and it doesn’t clog up my inbox.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I like to peruse on Instagram and Pinterest, but otherwise I don't rely on motivation since it comes and goes often. I do better using discipline and overall progress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for a half marathon in May... that'll keep me dragging myself out in all weather to get my miles in!

Emails wouldn't do it...
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I've been on the mailing list for a variety of emails over the years, usually thinking "this looks like decent information" only to find bro-science and spam. I think it would be hard to find a sound nutrition distribution list that's not trying to push their agenda of what "ideal" nutrition is or selling something.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yep. Your comments are helpful. Thanks to all of you. Once, years ago, I got emails from someone helping me get organized - a little tip every day - and, while ultimately annoying, I did get a little nudge in the mornings. Maybe I'm just going through a low point, motivation-wise. Probably could stand to renew my goals. Thanks again!!