Calories

I had gastric bypass done in 2008, and having a hard time getting in 1200 calories a day, I am doing pretty good with the fat and protein levels, but my calories have been running less than a 1,000 everyday as low as 700. Any ideas on how I can get it up without messing the keto diet up

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you're hitting fat and protein targets, but not calories, and you're doing keto, something is wrong. Or do you by "levels", mean percentage?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Are you still in touch with your surgical team? I would speak to them, especially to see if keto is a route you should be going down.
  • LisaMullins1961
    LisaMullins1961 Posts: 11 Member
    If you're hitting fat and protein targets, but not calories, and you're doing keto, something is wrong. Or do you by "levels", mean percentage?

I am putting everything in to myfitnesspal. and it and scanning the items for information. I am using the PIE and it shows all my numbers are good. Just calories are low.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Are you still in touch with your surgical team? I would speak to them, especially to see if keto is a route you should be going down.

Good advices.
  • LisaMullins1961
    malibu927 wrote: »

I moved from the area that I had surgery, But my doctor was all about eatting this way. After surgery we are suppose to be doing low carb and eat good vegetables. My stomach is still not that big, so its hard to eat a whole chiken thigh, And all the fats I am doing are good fats. So I feel like I am safe there, I did have to do the coffee bombs to increase my fat levels and I am ok with that, they are really good :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

I am putting everything in to myfitnesspal. and it and scanning the items for information. I am using the PIE and it shows all my numbers are good. Just calories are low.

The pie chart? That's percentage. Eat more.

(Scanning is an unrelated issue. You still have to verify each item yourself (with label or manufacturer's website).)
  • LisaMullins1961

The pie chart? That's percentage. Eat more.

(Scanning is an unrelated issue. You still have to verify each item yourself (with label or manufacturer's website).)
    Yes I do scan, but I also verify to make sure it is correct. Also the pie chart just helps me, to make sure my fats and proteins are where they are. I know a few years ago I was worried about getting enough calories in and my doctor said a 1,000 or a little less would be ok for me. Even though the scale still show 250, He told me to figure about 50 lbs of excess skin in. I have alot hanging on my arms and legs, and I am retaining fluid in my thigh area. I am hoping this help get rid of that.
  • LisaMullins1961
    forgot to say the Keto's diet is percentages, I have mine set on 70, 20 and carbs 5 for 100 % the pie chart is an ad on app for myfitnesspal