No you look good
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Of course that's normal...it happens to everyone
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I never understood a white lie. Anyone care to explain?

Yeah a lie is a lie. Saying its white is meant to make us feel less bad.
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I never understood a white lie. Anyone care to explain?

A harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

Hmmm ok. How do you know when someone wants the truth or wants their feelings spared with a lie?

Of course you are the smartest lizard I know.
  • Halseysmirk
    Halseysmirk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No, that's no problem at all
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I never fake it.
  • cee134
    Options
    Can I ask another question? After reading examples are they meant to be sarcastic? Should the person I'm lying to know it's sarcasm? Should I inflect?

The lie isn't for the other person, it's for the person telling the lie so they don't feel as bad about telling it.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I do
  • InAPairOfChucks
    InAPairOfChucks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're not that fat (when in actuality, they are fatter).
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    No I don’t think your friend is cuter than you, can you please give me your friends number
  • Halseysmirk
    Halseysmirk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What an adorable baby
  • mybfisred
    Options
    It's just a phase
  • cee134
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Just when I thought I was grasping the concept.

In moral terms, honesty is without doubt a virtue, and dishonesty is a vice.

But in social terms, absolute honesty can lead to trouble, risking causing offense to others who may not want or need to hear the complete truth. White lies may be desirable.

And in biological terms, dishonesty is a sign of typical brain development, whereas someone who is incapable of dishonesty may be neurologically atypical.

http://incharacter.org/archives/honesty/i-cannot-tell-a-lie-what-people-with-autism-can-tell-us-about-honesty/
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him. I will not crush on him.
  • mybfisred
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Just when I thought I was grasping the concept.

In moral terms, honesty is without doubt a virtue, and dishonesty is a vice.

But in social terms, absolute honesty can lead to trouble, risking causing offense to others who may not want or need to hear the complete truth. White lies may be desirable.

And in biological terms, dishonesty is a sign of typical brain development, whereas someone who is incapable of dishonesty may be neurologically atypical.

http://incharacter.org/archives/honesty/i-cannot-tell-a-lie-what-people-with-autism-can-tell-us-about-honesty/

My son is on the spectrum...great example...on Christmas morning as I opened my bracelets that I loved ...i asked who picked these out..he probably should've white lied... and NOT told me my exs girlfriend