How to set up MFP when pregnant?

Options
I'm pregnant (yay!) and I'm curious how to set up MFP to reach my weight goals. I'm 5'0 and started out at 113 pounds, about 10 pounds heavier than I wanted. Regardless, my doctor recommends that I gain between 25-35 pounds total for the entire pregnancy. I need to eat an additional 350 calories per day in the second trimester, which I added to MFP. I also set my weight goal for 140, which feels so high but I don't want to not eat enough either.

Is that it? Is there anything else I should do? If you were pregnant and used MFP during your pregnancy, how did you set it up? What worked for you? I'm afraid of gaining too much and not being able to lose it. Or not gaining enough...

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you eat more and gain weight that's all you need.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I was more concerned with counting carbs and maintaining with a very slight gain during my third trimester of my second pregnancy, which is the only time I tracked with MFP during pregnancy. I had gestational diabetes, which is why the carb counting, and I was very obese which is why they were okay with me maintaining (gained a lot early, total of about 35 lbs).

MFP should work for you the way you've set it up. You can always adjust based on how much you've gained at each appointment.