Late night dinner

Options
What’s the best thing to eat if you have to late at night just before going to bed... I assume avoid pasta/rice/bread but what would be the best kind of food to eat? (:

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Not an easy question to resolve. At that point it should be just a light snack.. I eat my heaviest meal in the middle of the day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The kind you enjoy, that keeps you within your calorie goal, and that won't cause indigestion/acid reflux problems.

Meal/nutrient timing is irrelevant to weight loss.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what you eat as long as it's within your calories there's no such thing as carbs being bad before bed they are not going to do anything
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Not an easy question to resolve. At that point it should be just a light snack.. I eat my heaviest meal in the middle of the day.

@TonyB0588 it's actually quite easier to answer than you think the answer is eat whatever you want it doesn't matter as long as it's within your calories
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    What’s the best thing to eat if you have to late at night just before going to bed... I assume avoid pasta/rice/bread but what would be the best kind of food to eat? (:

Totally wrong. You don't need to avoid any food for weight loss. Just eat within your calorie allotment and you'll be fine.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    your body doesnt care. eat what you want and fits in your calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want.

This time of year I don't eat on Thursday nights until about 9:30-10, and it's usually fast food. Unless you have problems sleeping on a full stomach, there's nothing off limits.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of cereal (right now special k) as I sit in bed and read each night
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It really is "whatever you have calorie room and macro need for". That said, I often finish the day with a square of dark chocolate last and late.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    anything... Unless you have diabetes then consult your doctor about how to structure your eating habits.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep well on a stuffed stomach so if I'm eating late at night, I try to eat something that won't have a lot of volume. I also have bad acid reflux, so I'll choose something that is kind of bland. These are just personal preferences though. My boyfriend sleeps well on hot wings and whiskey.

Do whatever works for you and your calorie goals. Your metabolism doesn't shut off at night, so your body still needs the fuel.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Carbs can make some people sleepy, so they might actually be a good choice!

Eat what you like - I have dessert every night just before bed. It's Jello/jelly, yoghurt (frozen), berries, nuts, chocolate cereal at the moment!