Need tips on exercising

Options
HI I just got done having ankle surgery over a month ago..
and i was wondering if anybody had tips on exercising..
I walk but have to take breaks every 15 mintues
I was wondering if you had any suggestions for you could really be a life saver right now thank you so much for reading this post.. Good luck to you on your weight lost journey..

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to an indoor pool? Swimming and water walking are my go to when my plantar fasciitis acts up. If you prefer to walk there is nothing wrong with taking breaks.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have had multiple broken ankles & surgery in the past - My advice is to walk all you can , up to any limits your Doc has set. work on getting the full range of motion in your ankle - it will hurt, deal with it. You could do upper body weights - pressing with dumbells from a seated position, 1 arm rows - crutches are a good upper body exercise if you are still on them. maybe body weight squats, elevating your heal might help if your range of motion is limited, I use a board nder my left heel - I would get an OK from your Doc before do them with any weight. obey any restriction he has imposed. good luck - Eastcoast Jim
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    +1 for swimming, if you have access to an indoor pool. Also, strength training. Lots of bodyweight exercises you can do without aggravating your ankle (abs & core, some arms & leg exercises).