apple cider vinegar is disgusting!

Options
not really about weight, but I read on a health magazine web site than an ounce of pom juice and an ounce of apple cider vinegar each day could relieve some osteoarthritis problems, so I tried it-- pom juice, it's okay, not my fav drink but it's okay..... apple cider vinegar, I literally almost vomited, omg how on earth do people drink that krap?

Replies

• katrina668
    Options
    I've read from various sources that apple cider vinegar has tons of health benefits (as long as you're using the raw, unfiltered kind). I used to drink a tablespoon of it every night with some apple juice or white grape juice. I like the grape better because the only way I could tell I was drinking it was the burn from the acid.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree. Well, I use it in salad dressing, cucumber salad and when I'm cooking cabbage and it's delicious but just to drink it? Yuck. No, thank you!
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you are going to ingest apple cider vinegar, make sure it is the raw unfiltered time and ALWAYS dilute it with water. I like to to 8oz water, 1 TBS apple cider vinegar, and 1 TBS honey. ACV on its own will burn your esophagus.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ...You just -drink- vinegar...?

I used to clean my reptile tank with apple cider vinegar, so I have a very strong association with apple cider vinegar and grossness. I don't think I could bring myself to use it if I -wanted- to.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink it. Makes awesome pickled onions, though, it's a great pick-me-up for apple pie filling, and it's one of my go-tos for french fries (2nd to malt vinegar, but I don't often have that on hand).
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Mix it in hot water with lemon, its not that bad. you grow accustomed to it.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    If you are going to ingest apple cider vinegar, make sure it is the raw unfiltered time and ALWAYS dilute it with water. I like to to 8oz water, 1 TBS apple cider vinegar, and 1 TBS honey. ACV on its own will burn your esophagus.

This.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    In for hard cider! Wait...what? Apple cider?.... OH!

I don't drink that, but I like the tartness on kale and other cooked greens. It is also the tangy zing that I love with olive oil on a salad. Even been known to sprinkle on baked potato when I'm out of plain yogurt. yummmmm
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    What can I say? I'll try anything once. I can see how it might take your mind off of the arthritis! YUCK!!
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks it with hot water, raw local honey (or blue agave) and a pinch of cinnamon.

I think it's nasty as hell, but he doesn't mind it. It's supposed to have tons of health benefits.
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    I have actually grown to like it a lot. I mix it with the fuji-apple pear Sobe Lifewater 0 and put maybe 5 drops of stevia to sweeten it and it tastes great, like apple juice with a kick. Or I even like it just water with stevia now. Sweetening it is key I think.
  • WiCkeDLoO
    WiCkeDLoO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually drank the Bragg's Apple Cider Cocktail every morning for months. It was hard to get used to at first .. but then not so bad. Did it like a shot! lol Definitely noticed some benefits though.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    What brand do you have? I bought Heinz ACV with the Mother and it was hard to get down then I found Braggs at my local grocery store and at GNC, this is the brand everyone recommends organic and with the Mother. Oh my what a difference, I mix 1TBS with 8 oz of water and a stevia packet, tastes like sweet and sour apple.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You will burn your throat off if drinking it straight! What brand do you have? I bought Heinz ACV with the Mother and it was hard to get down then I found Braggs at my local grocery store and at GNC, this is the brand everyone recommends organic and with the Mother. Oh my what a difference, I mix 1TBS with 8 oz of water and a stevia packet, tastes like sweet and sour apple.
  • JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So funny, I was watching some TV show and the guy was going on about how great it is for you. I took a shot of it and literally felt my insides burning. I'm sure its something people get used too (as others have said), I didn't even hate the taste. I just thought I was dying inside for about an hour haha.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might have been red wine vinegar I drank. Either way, I had some serious regrets.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ew. I don't want to have to "get used to" any food.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    you can also make something with it... like salad dressing or something. But don't cook it. it's the only vinegar I'll use (unless I'm doing vegan baking , then you need white vinegar)
  • katrina668
    Options
    Definitely dilute it with something
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You will get used to it in about 3 days. Dilute it !!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love the Bragg's mixed Apple Cider Drinks - apple cinnamon, ginger spice. The first sip was odd but than they became oddly addictive,