Feeling on the top of the world and then...

Options
This morning woke up with a sore throat, aching all over and basically feeling sh...t. I bloody hate it, i have been training solid literally for 1 month, progressing with my sessions and the way i feel and now it's time to take a few steps back. I know it's just temporary but so annoying. And i take a lot of vitamins too (C + Zinc, garlic, D, cod liver oil), wash my hands often etc, and still i catch crap like this. Rant over, i will just go back to bed and feel sorry for myself :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maybe its the 'training solid for a month' that is part of the problem? rest days are as important as work out days in any good training plan.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    maybe its the 'training solid for a month' that is part of the problem? rest days are as important as work out days in any good training plan.

I meant that I trained every other day, and did not miss a session, just added a couple of weight lifting sessions in the month
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That is super frustrating when you are on a roll and you have this great momentum and then BAM. I TOTALLY get you. I am four weeks into training for a race and every time someone sneezes near me I want to sock them in the face. DO NOT get me sick and de-rail this awesomeness!

Get well soon!
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    DanerTee wrote: »
    That is super frustrating when you are on a roll and you have this great momentum and then BAM. I TOTALLY get you. I am four weeks into training for a race and every time someone sneezes near me I want to sock them in the face. DO NOT get me sick and de-rail this awesomeness!

Get well soon!

Thank you
    J