How to loose 2 pounds a week?

Options
Slowly gained 5 pounds over the winter, 2 of those least week from not exercising when my wisdom teeth were removed. Feeling really angry at myself right now. Would this plan work to loose 2 pounds a week? Breakfast: 3 eggs, lunch: protein shake and salad, dinner: broccoli and 4 oz salmon ( I’m 18, 5’6, 132.6 pounds). I plan on ice skating an hour a day and walking an hour a day in the park. Advice of loosing this weight ASAP? any motivation from when you guys slip up an get it back together?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a week is too aggressive a goal for your current weight.

What you eat is less important than *how much* you're eating when it comes to weight loss.

Choose a reasonable goal and then pick a variety of foods that fit into the calorie goal that MFP gives you. You don't have to eat the same thing every day (unless you want to do that).

Five pounds is nothing in the course of things. Don't be angry at yourself and don't punish yourself by making up a plan that is too aggressive.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    At your weight you won't lose 2lbs per week without starving yourself
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You probably did not gain fat. Your body is healing from having wisdom teeth removed, which involves inflammatory processes, including water retention.

Even if you did gain 5lbs of fat, at your height and weight there would be no safe way to lose 2lbs of body fat per week.

My advice to you is to just get back on with your normal lifestyle. The water weight will come of shortly.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Dont feel angry 5 pounds is not alot of weight. Is 5 pounds all you need to lose in total?
    Get back into logging and your exercise routine and it will come off.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't aim for 2lb a week.
    Even a pound a week of you're only trying to lose 5lbs is better
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    At your stats healthy weight loss would be 0.5 pounds a week. 5 pounds is negligible when it comes to weight gain. Have a reasonable calorie deficit. Weigh your food & log everything you consume. Have patience.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    In order to safely loose 2lb a week you need to start with being at least 40lb overweight

/thread
  • DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Read ‘Most Helpful Posts’ at the top of the page. This will clarify everything. Incredibly helpful.