January 2018 Biking Cycling Bicycling Bike/ Bicycle/Unicycle/Tricycle Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    End of first week of January and not felt great most of the time so kept the training intensity down just doing indoor tempo rides.

Three sessions and 80.5 virtual miles.

Still feeling under par so taking it easy, fitness is good but health not so much. :neutral:

153 indoor miles for the month.

Finally feeling like I'm getting back to feeling well so progressively pushing up the intensity and switching from mostly steady state to intervals. 1min / 4min intervals felt easy, 2min / 6 min intervals today - not so much!

218 indoor miles so far this month.

Yay! First outdoor ride of the year. Always seems very strange and a sensory overload when you have been training indoors for a couple of months.
    34 miles at a steady pace and really nice to get out into the countryside rather than be stuck indoors.

273 miles for the month.

Used final few hours of January to get up to 303 miles for the month.
    That will do for me as it's more than I would normally manage at this time of year - the benefit of being retired. :smiley:
  • huskydoo
    huskydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow! Glad to see this thread continuing.

It will be a few months before those of us without fat bikes in the great white frozen north can venture outside. But I did get out for a quick trip around the block last weekend. We had a thaw and a sunny 45 degree day. 3.2 miles never felt so good. Can’t wait to get back out on the mountain bike trails!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    Is there a February thread?
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Is there a February thread?

Or shall I create one ... I've already got 60+ km of cycling in Feb.
  • Machka9
    Options