Orange Theory?

Just wondered if anyone here does Orange Theory?

Replies

• Poston1966
    Poston1966 Posts: 26 Member
    I tried it. I am not a treadmill person and every class had me on that thing for 30 minutes. I love the rower and floor exercises. I also have a crazy schedule and I just could not "schedule" classes. It did not work for me.
  • Jenny64A
    Jenny64A Posts: 1 Member
    Been doing it for eight months and LOVE it. I have been dealing with a knee problem and have been able to continue with some adaptations. Good coaches make all the difference. My diet in 2017 was crap and I credit the 20 pounds I lost over the course of the year to going to OTF 3-4 times per week. Give it a try if you haven't yet.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    I tried it for the first time last week. Did three days of classes in a row and I'm hooked. Music is great, coaches are great, full body workout and always different.
  • LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    I love OT! It's the only thing that actually feels fun and I don't hate it - the music & specific exercises are different every time, so it's still got good variety and doesn't get boring, although the overall structure of the class is basically the same for the most part. Only downside in my opinion is how expensive it is and that you can be charged for having to cancel a class within 24 hours.
  • aliry209
    aliry209 Posts: 22 Member
    I love it! It’s a great work out and it’s only an hour! I go twice a week and will be doing their weight loss challenge that starts Jan 8
  • KymberlyGiudici
    KymberlyGiudici Posts: 23 Member
    Started OTF as soon they opened a location in my town, I had been waiting for it since a friend in another state told me about it. LOVE it... even at 5am!!
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    I'd say that it's good for beginners and those who need some external motivation. Perhaps some intermediates as well. My own experience with it was mixed.

My free OTF trial session was a partner workout. To cut a long story short, my assigned partner wasn't very fit, and I feel that I didn't get a very thorough workout as a result. I certainly burned some calories, but I think that I could have probably gotten more thorough results on my own.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    I love it! It’s a great workout. I wrote a full review on my blog — corporatecavewoman.com.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    spartan_d wrote: »
    I'd say that it's good for beginners and those who need some external motivation. Perhaps some intermediates as well. My own experience with it was mixed.

My free OTF trial session was a partner workout. To cut a long story short, my assigned partner wasn't very fit, and I feel that I didn't get a very thorough workout as a result. I certainly burned some calories, but I think that I could have probably gotten more thorough results on my own.

Well it's just overpriced circuit training, so nothing special.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    spartan_d wrote: »

Well it's just overpriced circuit training, so nothing special.

“Overpriced” is not an absolute. I’d say, given their success, many people disagree with you on that.

Oh if people are prepared to pay over the odds for something that they can get for a significantly lower price then that's up to them.

Marketeers are third up against the wall come the time of the glorious revolution :)
  • Zoozip14
    Zoozip14 Posts: 4 Member
    I LOVE Orange Theory - been at it over a year and it has changed my body composition. I look forward to every workout and miss it when I can't make it. The trainers are fantastic and the community is supportive. I started out walking on the treadmill and now run. It was a steady build and the next challenge is always present.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    I've been doing OTF for exactly a year now - I love it, still. Different every day and a really good 1 hour workout, if you push yourself. Overpriced? Perhaps, but it's worth every penny to me to have an intense workout planned for me and supportive coaches to motivate and PUSH me. If. You can do all that on your own, great - you'll save that money, but that's not me.

Also, yes you need to cancel a class you booked at least 8 hrs in advance or you'll get charged ($12 at my location I think) but that's a great motivator to keep me from bailing on my workout if I just don't feel like it. And if you have an emergency or get stuck in traffic, as long as I call the studio, I haven't been charged but I've only done that twice in the last year.

TL;DR I love it! Try out a class or two
  • rstojanov
    rstojanov Posts: 2 Member
    I'm an OTF enthusiast!! Love it. If you need to lose weight, 3-5 times a week will melt it off. Once you get in shape, 2x per week is plenty. It's a great all-over workout. I started out as a power walker and was soon running races. We had folks of all fitness levels in the class. It's a good place to make friendships, I got lots of support.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Yes, best thing I have ever done. I'm a total addict, but it has helped me so much. I did it initially to lose weight, but I ended up finding that I actually enjoy exercise. Now I go because I like the way it makes me feel. It has improved my overall level of fitness so much. It has been neat to see how much my resting heart rate has gone down and how quickly my heart recovers now after strenuous exertion. I went from not being able to run continuously for three minutes to all kinds of personal bests. I like it because you don't have to think. It's like, just get yourself there. Because once you are there, you're there. And once you are there, you might as well do something to get better. Everyone at my studio has been really nice. I leave feeling so good. It's one of my favorite things to do.
  • I really appreciate the workout I get at OTF. We have great coaches at my location and it's just overall a great experience whenever I go, and I go 5 times a week. It's helped with my training for half marathons, too.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    I joined. loved it at first. got some injuries, then starting finding the workouts stupid.

another member posted seeing people in class with bad form which can lead to injuries. Some trainers are better at monitoring people on the floor even while instructing the runners and can help fix this. When I started I had talked to the trainer and he knew I was new and needed help and he was great. But he left. The newer trainers were not very good at helping for form.

but then i started hating the workout. I don't want to do 100+ squats. my legs were done at 40. Can we have a better mix?